Previous tabs open

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Really, I hate to seem ignant, but I can't find why this is happening and I'm 100% sure it's user error and a preset I've not ticked or ticked and didn't know it.
All of my browser windows open when I only want one.
For example, no tabs open. I click FB on the carousel and FB opens. But, all the previous windows in history open too.
That's fixed if I delete history, but really shouldn't have to delete history that often.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

tmn72tx

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
droidntn,

I don't have an answer. Just a confirmation. I see that behavior too. I will close all my pages in the browser, close the browser, and then when I launch the browser it may pull open another page that I had open previously. It's been bothering me too.

chefmbeland

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me all the time, even after I clear cache and history. I was hoping the last update would fix it, but no luck. Maybe next time.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Really?? NObody else has found a fix for this?? I wonder if Kindle is aware of this. It has to be a Silk issue.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That would make sense. I have wondered if I just need to shut it down at night while recharging.
Or...what if we deselect that tab about 'make pages load faster.'?

Late edit: I had already deselected that. So that doesn't have any effect on it.

Last edited:

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of dealing with this issue and recently switched to the Maxthon browser. Only bummer is that I don't think there's a way to link it to the "Web" tab. It is much faster, though. It's in the Amazon appstore, so no sideloading necessary.

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this problem too. I thought it might be silk so I turned off the accelerated page loading but I still have the problem. Ill try a shutdown.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of dealing with this issue and recently switched to the Maxthon browser. Only bummer is that I don't think there's a way to link it to the "Web" tab. It is much faster, though. It's in the Amazon appstore, so no sideloading necessary.

Thanks.. I like this browser Maxthon much better.. Faster for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis