Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default FoxFi wireless tethering

    Anyone use FoxFi successfully with the KF?

    --
    Sent from my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default

    Guess not...

    --
    Sent from my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.
  3. #3  
    dra
    dra is offline
    dra's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ROM
    6.7.232

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    my ex wife has foxfi running on her lg lucid and took some messing around with the settings and re-installing of foxfi, got her kindle fire connected.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    What kind of settings did you tweak? I can't find too many to manipulate.

    Thanks for your help.

    --
    Sent from my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    I'm using it with no problems. I have a Samsung Galaxy "showcase". If you are having issues, you should email the developer. I had problems with Foxfi early on and he was very helpful.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    I have an HTC EVO 3D and the nexus 7 hooked up. Running Foxfi via bluetooth on phone, and PdaNet Tablet on the nexus. Easy breezy and setup in less than 5 min!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    I figured it out and it works wonderfully!

    --
    Sent from my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    Yea, this works well. Recently used my Motorola Bionic and FoxFi to give my son's KF a wireless connection while cruising in the Motorhome down the freeway. He was able to stream a SpongeBob Amazon Video movie.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    I recently streamed 4 episodes of Curious George for my daughter on my KF. It was flawless.

    --
    Sent from my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    On my HTC Incredible 2, FoxFi only works via bluetooth; since the KF doesn't have bluetooth, it won't work for me. Hopefully the phone will get ICS soon so that FoxFi wifi will work on it.
  11. #11  
    Kyle L's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, Stock

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    Apologies if this is the wrong spot for my question, but since a thread was already started ill ask here

    Phone: verizon galaxy s3
    Tablet: eee pad transformer (101)

    Is the bluetooth connection along with the pdanet tablet app completely hidden because of this VPN setting? Can my carrier detect my tethering?

    Thanks in advance
  12. #12  
    Sykotc's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L View Post
    Apologies if this is the wrong spot for my question, but since a thread was already started ill ask here

    Phone: verizon galaxy s3
    Tablet: eee pad transformer (101)

    Is the bluetooth connection along with the pdanet tablet app completely hidden because of this VPN setting? Can my carrier detect my tethering?

    Thanks in advance
    Detection is based on data amount used and physical signatures signed by the browsers on each device ur connecting with tether. Foxfi has an add on to hide these signatures

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Devices:

    Galaxy S3 Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.2/kt747 TW JB Kernal
    Xoom FE rooted... need modding bad!!! Damn Moto!
  13. #13  
    Kyle L's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, Stock

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoPho View Post
    Detection is based on data amount used and physical signatures signed by the browsers on each device ur connecting with tether. Foxfi has an add on to hide these signatures

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I did install the add on for foxfi, i dont plan on using more than 1 gb or 2 for tethering alone, currently i barely scratch 4 gb a month without tether so its not like ill abuse it...so with the add on the signatures will be hidden? Does the proxy have to be enabled with the wifi, and will the vpn setting on bluetooth also hide the signatures?

    Thanks
  14. #14  
    Sykotc's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L View Post
    I did install the add on for foxfi, i dont plan on using more than 1 gb or 2 for tethering alone, currently i barely scratch 4 gb a month without tether so its not like ill abuse it...so with the add on the signatures will be hidden? Does the proxy have to be enabled with the wifi, and will the vpn setting on bluetooth also hide the signatures?

    Thanks
    When you enable the proxy in Foxfi, it'll give you and IP address and port number to type in when on the device ur connecting under advance options. I'm not sure about Bluetooth because I rarely used being as it was so slow on my old devices.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Devices:

    Galaxy S3 Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.2/kt747 TW JB Kernal
    Xoom FE rooted... need modding bad!!! Damn Moto!
    Thanked by:
    Kyle L 
  15. #15  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    how did you figure out how to get foxfi on your kindle fire?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    Ive tried for a while now and haven't been able to connect my kindle fire not the hd to my foxfi hotspot anybody have any tips.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    I had to download the Foxfi AddOn (called exactly that) to get it to work.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: FoxFi wireless tethering

    Can you share the settings you tweaked? I am unable to connect my Kindle Fire HD. Thank you!

Posting Permissions