1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Install any app to Kindle Fire: No root or file manager needed!

Amazon restricts the apps you can install on your Kindle Fire. But what if you want to get apps from outside the Amazon Appstore?

Here’s an easy 3-step solution, with NO root and NO file manager required. Sideload from thousands of free apps directly to your Kindle Fire!

Step 1:
    On your Kindle Fire, go to: Settings > More > Device> Allow Installation of Applications. (Turn this ON and click “OK”)
    Note: Settings is the gear icon in the top right of the screen.

Step 2:
    On your computer, download and install SnapPea for Windows: SnapPea is the easiest way to manage your Kindle Fire from the desktop!

Step 3:
    Use a Micro-USB cable to connect your Kindle Fire to your computer. Open SnapPea for Windows and it’ll automatically connect to your phone and install the SnapPea app on your Kindle (so that you can start side-loading apps). You’re all set!

START INSTALLING APPS!

1) Go to: Download > Apps and download from thousands of free apps from 1Mobile. There are no geographic restrictions and all apps are 100% free.

2) Go to: My Phone > Apps and “+Install Apps” to load APK files directly onto your Kindle Fire.

Default Re: Install any app to Kindle Fire: No root or file manager neede

Why are all the apps free? Is it adware?

They are mostly older versions from what i have seen, not all though, just what would have been paid for at first but the devs have released for free now due to newer versions being released. They work good, just not the newest.

Sent from my Big *** Samsung-SGH-I717 Galaxy Note using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

I may try this.

However, it would sure seem like Google would publish an app for the Fire to access their play store so that they could tap into the additional revenue... Then we could sideload one app, and get access to the world.

Of course, I already find more than enough time killers on the Amazon store.

Or, you can just go to 1Mobile's site and install the 1Mobile appstore right on your Fire without going through all this rigamaroile with a pc and a usb cable lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Darwin View Post
    I may try this.

However, it would sure seem like Google would publish an app for the Fire to access their play store so that they could tap into the additional revenue... Then we could sideload one app, and get access to the world.

Of course, I already find more than enough time killers on the Amazon store.
    I wondered about this as well. It's not as easy to get the Amazon apps on stock droids as it should be (not in the play store, require turning off security.) Google seems to have a harder time getting onto the Fire. I rooted mine just to get the app store. Now I don't have to jump through hoops to get the actual apps.

They now have an app you can download right to your device. And so far it is great! Thanks