Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By olderegg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default OTG and Kindle Fire Rooted

Hey guys, I have a rooted Kindle Fire CM10 Jellybean and I cannot get OTG to work with a PS3 controller. Is this possible with this cable?

ROM
    epinter's cm10 (Atrix 4G)

Default Re: OTG and Kindle Fire Rooted

I've been working all week trying to get a usb flash drive to work with a OTG cable on my Kindle Fire. And so far I haven't had any luck
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Is your Kindle Fire rooted and if so with what ROM? I tried both the CM10 and the standard JellyBean root and neither supported the PS3 and an OTG cable

good news, I can use OTG usb storage in my Kindle fire, of coz, I rooted my kindle fire with JB 4.1.1.

I mounted a 64M usb stick and it works very well, including mp3, mp4, jpg, etc, no problem.

the next step is trying to test 4G usb stick against kindle fire, wish another good news will be released soon.
    EnlightenedSoul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by olderegg View Post
    good news, I can use OTG usb storage in my Kindle fire, of coz, I rooted my kindle fire with JB 4.1.1.

I mounted a 64M usb stick and it works very well, including mp3, mp4, jpg, etc, no problem.

the next step is trying to test 4G usb stick against kindle fire, wish another good news will be released soon.
    This is great news, I need to try this when I get home.