Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Boot Loop Kindle fire

Hi All,
    I am new to this form
    I bought 5 kindle fires from eBay.
    one of them seems to be stuck in a boot loop.
    I am new to this But I catch on quick.
    I don't know what was done to it that got it in this state.
    I have no idea of the OS that it may or may not have.
    Can some out there help me bring this kindle back to life?
    Thanks in advance.

TJ

Default Re: Boot Loop Kindle fire

Kindle Fire Utility can now root Kindle OS 6.3, install custom recovery, more - Liliputing

This may be able to interrupt the boot long enough to allow recovery. May is the operative term here, it depends on what's wrong exactly.

Recover from a boot error

If your Kindle Fire is stuck in a boot loop or won’t turn on for some other reason (especially after you’ve been trying to do something like flashing a custom recovery, bootloader, or other firmware) you may be able to use Kindle Fire Utility to recover.

When you run the program the first time it will show you the boot status. If it shows anything other than 4000, choose option 1 to change the bootmode and then select “Normal.” If all goes according to plan, this should cause your device to reboot normally.

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Default Re: Boot Loop Kindle fire

If that doesn't work I would probably look into getting a Factory Cable to force the device into fastboot mode than just boot a recovery image and follow the return to stock method using the stock bin from there.

Edit: That's assuming the partition table is in tact; if it's not you'll need to flash FFF1.4a (technically anything newer than 1.2 should work but I'd recommend 1.4a anyway) than issue the oem format command included since 1.2... After the partition table is restored do the above.