1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kindle fire supposedly rooted...

I have downloaded KFU, run: install_drivers.bat, after it has successfully installed the drivers, I connected my kindle via usb cable, then run: run.bat, and it shows:

ADB Status: Online
    Boot Status: 4000

Please make a selection or hit ENTER to exit:

I have selected 2, to install Permanent Root with Superuser,

It says it has been installed.

Then I selected 3, to install Latest TWRP Recovery

It says it has been installed and please tap reboot on the kindle, but the kindle does not have that option and instead reboots to the normal kindle screen.

Then I selected 5, to install latest FireFireFire. Again it says it has been installed but I get no yellow triangle when pressing the start button after shutting it down.

I have done all of the above steps at least 20 times on 3 different computers, one running Vista, the other 2 running Windows 7.

What is going on?

It says it is rooted, but clearly it is not. I should also mention that I tried installing Google Apps by selecting option 6 in the main menu and choosing option 1 in the sub menu and it says it has been successfully installed, but again no Google Market or Google play on my device.

I have tried installing that at least 4 times.

In the writing of this, I did each of the above steps again.

I should also mention that I have uninstalled the drivers manually and re-booted my computer(s) multiple times, including removing the Android Phone in Device Manager and Amazon Kindle disk drive, multiple, multiple times.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by smunson63 View Post
    ...Then I selected 3, to install Latest TWRP Recovery

It says it has been installed and please tap reboot on the kindle, but the kindle does not have that option and instead reboots to the normal kindle screen.
    The TWRP file that comes with KFU, no longer works to download TWRP. Replace it with a version downloaded from the TWRP website.

Then I selected 5, to install latest FireFireFire. Again it says it has been installed but I get no yellow triangle when pressing the start button after shutting it down.
    The latest FFF will not show the yellow triangle. Instead, your boot logo should be a blue and white Kindle Fire. If it isn't already installed, there is a flashable .zip version to be flashed in TWRP. It's a lot safer than using KFU to install it.

It says it is rooted, but clearly it is not.
    "Root" only consists of two files; Superuser.apk and the su binary. An absence of TWRP and FFF doesn't necessarily mean you're not rooted. To see if those two files are in place, access the latest version of TWRP and use the built in file browser to navigate to /system/app (for superuser.apk) and /system/xbin (for su). If either are missing, while booted into recovery, run Option 1 on KFU again.