1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default automatic reset to kindle fire OS when charging?

Hi everyone, I got an already rooted kindle fire (android 4.0) from ebay and it was running just fine for the last two weeks.

until now, I only charged via usb on my mac. today I got an AC adapter for fast charging (2.1A) and very strangely, after plugging it in, the kindle just started the normal kindle OS instead of Android 4.0 (with actually the old owner's account singned in) and won't go back.

I now set it to my own account, but I would like to go back to the Android 4.0 installation that I'm used to.

Is there an easy way to do this, like a boot loader that let's you choose between the two, or just changing the default settings for startup somewhere? I don't know how it was rooted in the first place, but I found an app named "burrito-root" in the applications.

thanks a lot. I didn't find anything concerning this with google, but I would also be thankful for links to obvious solutions, in case I just missed them ;-)

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: automatic reset to kindle fire OS when charging?

I don't know what caused your issue, and have no personal experience, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the way to get a Fire reset to the initial load was with some sort of special plug to use on the USB port of the Fire. Maybe somehow your charger trigered that reset. It is just a guess, but thought I would throw it out there.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the answer, but has anyone a quick solution for this? I guess the Android 4.0 is still installed, I just would like to know how to start it....

When I had rooted my fire, I did not have a "dual boot" version installed. My guess is that when you cold boot your fire you would have to hit the power key once when the words Kindle Fire comes up on the screen This should then have a little menu down at the bottom of the screen which allows you to pick what you are booting into as I recall you have to pick your choice by pushing the power button once to move through each selection and then wait once you have highlighted what you want to start after a brief time it assumes you have picked your choice and it will start the one that is highlighted from that menu.

Without knowing exactly which rom you have on the device this is the only suggestion I have...

ROM
    All devices rooted.

What usb cable did you use to connect to the fast charger? If it came with its own cable, it might be what they call a factory cable with pin 4 connected to 5v, not normally used for android devices.. That would reset the kindle. If so, you might have to re-root the device.