Hard Bricked Kindle Fire

rgates121

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Ive rooted a few phones and tablets before and have never bricked a device (got close) until now. This kindle fire i believe is truly hard bricked. What happened was, I rooted it with the kindle fire utility, and when it rebooted it was stuck on the kindle fire logo screen. I let it run flat over night, and the next day it was still stuck. So i downloaded kindle unbrick utility to attempt to fix this and then it was in a bootloop and it is now in a hard brick state. power button is non responsive, unless charging, it will turn green then immediately to orange and stay that way. I like to think that nothing is unrecoverable, and im very determined to get this thing back up and running, even if it means taking the case off and flashing it with probes lol.. Ive been working on it for about a week now and I seem to have made things worse. So I'm hoping there's a genius out there that can help me bring life back into this thing.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was once in the state you described after rooting my fire, but was able to make it responsive again by using a factory cable. I still had to go through the unbricking procedure, but at least it now it responded to the power button. You can build one yourself by soldering a jumper from pin 4 of the micro usb connector to +5v. It was a very frustrating exercise working with the tiny pins. You can search for instructions and videos on line. Later I bought a ready made cable from Amazon. I highly recommend you invest in it rather than try to build one. Here is the link

Amazon.com: Motorola Factory Original Micro USB Data Cable Fits Micro USB Data Ports One Year Warranty New: Cell Phones & Accessories