Kindle fire (us style)... Help!!
Need advice/help please.
A year ago I bought my girlfriend a Kindle Fire from the US for her Christmas, when they first came out. They were not available in the UK are at this time and I thought it was an excellent present. It was at the time, but for some reason, we are unable to download/install any software upgrades or apps for the Kindle Fire. It maybe because I bought it in the US, I don't know. But if that's the case, is there way round the download problem? (i.e. jailbreak it or force an update)
Any thoughts would be great!!!
- 01-14-2013, 01:11 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Kindle fire (us style)... Help!!
Hi if you just want to get Google play ( market ) working you will need to root it and get superuser status.
I am new to this forum so I don't know if they have tutorials on here if they don't I can give you links to some.It is well worth doing it totally transforms the fire..
Should you want to go 1 stage further you can then install another rom ICS or the latest one Jelly Bean.
What ever you decide do plenty of research and don't just jump in with both feet.
If you do need help just let me Know I will help where I can my technical knowledge is limited but I can show you the route I took.
- 01-14-2013, 03:39 AM #3
- 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM #5
- 57 Posts
- 6.7.246 / stock
- By ruialao in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 7Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
- By Xterror in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
- By nicsays in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
- By cbxk1xg in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 6Last Post: 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
- By lenlen2314 in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 0Last Post: 12-25-2011, 10:38 PM