Kindle Fire update from Amazon 6.3.2

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Direct from Amazon's page:

Amazon.com Help: Kindle Fire (1st Generation) Software Updates

"We have a new, free software update available for Kindle Fire 1st Generation that includes bug fixes and performance improvements."

Out of curiosity I reverted my kindle to stock and got this installed. It has been a while since I ran a stock Kindle Fire so this may be placebo, but it does seem to be a bit faster than I remember. I will run with this a while looking for any obvious differences... If anyone finds anything let me know.

mspsmom

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the head's up on the update! I'd not gotten it, but as soon as I hit the sync button and put it in sleep mode, the download installed. So far not noticed much, but maybe with a couple uses it may be a bit faster. That would be nice, as it had gotten slower lately. It didn't mention anything other than the improvements you mentioned. I can't imagine they'd do much else to the older KF.

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Just a warning. The auto update will kick the FireFireFire bootloader off your tablet. I just noticed today that the blue logo was missing and then found that the software version had moved to 6.3.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums