Kindle acting.... funny.

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I rooted today. And after i rooted (i used KFU) and installed go launcher, and gapps my kindle app stopped working. Instead of just going to my book like it usually does on my kindle it went to the app like it would if you were to do it on a nexus or an ipad. But it never loaded my book. And when i went to the app on go launcher to try to look at my books it was telling me "Kindle app not registered, attempting to register now." or something like that. I am wondering why and the books are important to me because i use my kindle in school for reading. It kinda buggs me. Would uninstalling the kindle app and reinstalling it from the playstore work. or should i just flash the stock rom and re-root. thanks in advanced, and please answer quickly because i need this for school tomorrow.

--edit--
And also i tried to backup with TWRP (also installed from KFU) and it doesn't really backup. It says something like "starting boot sequence" and then it says "all done" and when i go to see if it backed up in the restore panel it is empty.

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Problem one is solved, but i am still havingnthe same prob with TWRP not backing up. I tried reinstalling it but still the same. When i tried reinstalling it i used KFU. Should i try manually reinstalling it through TWRP?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Go into the Google app store and uninstall the Kindle app. This should revert you to the built in version and restore any books you had loaded. This happened to me a couple of times before I turned off autoupdate for that app in the Play store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol