Anything I can do if my charging port is broke?

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there any wireless charging or place I can take to get it fixed? It's of course 1 month out of warranty.

procrasinator

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
A computer place should be able to replace it for you.

If you are handy you maybe able to replace it yourself. Mine was not charging and my husband took it apart and resoldered the USB port. Works great now!

zumaysix

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Wireless chargers would still need to access the port, so not really. thanks
22.gif

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this reply is late but, You might try calling Amazon they still might offer you a new one. They also might offer a discount on a new one... It can never hurt to ask.

Jenn Brenner

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
How did he solder it back together, any way you can explain how to go about doing that or did he watch a video of it??? My friend looked at mine and said that would solve it...but I'm scared he'll cause more damage...I want to make sure there's a way to do this..without it break!! :)

Thanks so much!

darwin-t

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Go to Youtube and search for kindle fire won't charge and you'll see a lot of videos showing you how to do it. You have to have some experience soldering to do it.

DirtyDoggg

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Be aware, if you send it in to the manufacturer for repair, they will probably completely erase the phone (i.e. a factory reset). I know for a fact that HTC systematically erases every phone they receive for repair, whether or not the repair process actually requires it. This is one of the dilemmas of getting a phone with a bad charger port repaired. I am going through that right now with an HTC One (M8) that started experiencing severe charger port problems just a month out of warranty. It just happened that I had requested a new charger cord while the phone was still in warranty, so I was able to use that as the basis for obtaining a warranty replacement, but getting the new device is not the same as being able to retrieve the data off the old one. It would have been easier with a detachable battery, but no such luck. The battery is permanently enclosed in the device.

Jesus Sanchez7

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
my phone fell on water and ever since that happened it stoped charging it charges a little sometimes but i have donea lot to make it work again i even put it in rice over night so if there was any water inside it would come out butdid not work everything else works fine but it does not charge i do not think it is the port since i had it replaced and still did not work i just ordered a wireless kid to charge it hope it works. anybody has any idea about what it could be

Lps Skye

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I can help You. ..

Shut down your device, remove battery cord and then get something small such w as a toothpick to "level up" the tab inside.Then feel free to plug it in again.

This worked for me yet I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 ao it might be different but I highly doubt it .
😊 hope this helps

Lps Skye

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
In that case you might need a new phone,
But you could definitely try my method of shutting down your device, taking out the charger, and then get something ad small as a toothpick to "level up" the tab inside.Then feel free to plug it back in and it should work.This worked very well for me, I spilt some rice-krispies in there (Don't ask xD) and
It worked.About the water, it honestly depends on how much you would have spilt in there.But just use my method for now.

Hope it helps 😊

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance