Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon will not register a Freshly rooted Kindle Fire

So I 'inherited' my sister's old Kindle Fire last night, and decided to go ahead and root it this morning. I used thee Kindle Fire Utility v 0.9.9 to install TWRP Recovery, and then went on to install the Go launcher. Everything went well, but the Kindle app will not register with Amazon. I looked up the problem online and found some solutions, but none of them solved the issue. The app still says it is not registered, and to try registering again in a few minutes. Is there any way around this using the Lucky launcher? Will I have the same issues if I install Cyanogenmod?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Amazon will not register a Freshly rooted Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by r390a View Post
    So I 'inherited' my sister's old Kindle Fire last night, and decided to go ahead and root it this morning. I used thee Kindle Fire Utility v 0.9.9 to install TWRP Recovery, and then went on to install the Go launcher. Everything went well, but the Kindle app will not register with Amazon. I looked up the problem online and found some solutions, but none of them solved the issue. The app still says it is not registered, and to try registering again in a few minutes. Is there any way around this using the Lucky launcher? Will I have the same issues if I install Cyanogenmod?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
    As your device is rooted Amazon won't let you install anything... No matter what custom OS you flash. Only stock (non-modified) ROM will let you register.