Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kindle Fire screen unresponsiive

I have had a Kindle Fire for just over a year now. The past couple of months, when using the internet, I have been unable to scroll down or up properly. As soon as I touch the screen it clicks onto whatever link is closest to my finger! The same happens when I try to turn the page when reading a book on it - it clicks on to the nearest word and gives me the dictionary definition for it.
    The other problem that has occurred is when using the keyboard I can't use the numbers and symbols. When I try to press the key for this just an orange symbol with a pair of scissors come up.

Any help anyone could give me on both or either one of the problems would be very much appreciated!

Global Posts
    18,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Kindle Fire screen unresponsiive

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Jackson1 View Post
    I have had a Kindle Fire for just over a year now. The past couple of months, when using the internet, I have been unable to scroll down or up properly. As soon as I touch the screen it clicks onto whatever link is closest to my finger! The same happens when I try to turn the page when reading a book on it - it clicks on to the nearest word and gives me the dictionary definition for it.
    The other problem that has occurred is when using the keyboard I can't use the numbers and symbols. When I try to press the key for this just an orange symbol with a pair of scissors come up.

Any help anyone could give me on both or either one of the problems would be very much appreciated!
    Welcome to the forums.
    To me, it sounds like either there is some kind of data conflict in the software, or there is some kind of hardware damage. Did the device get dropped at all?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here