did i brick my kindle?

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Today I went into my kindle to install a twrp 2.7 theme. but by mistake I wiped my rom before I flashed my twrp theme. the theme for my twrp recovery is the wrong size/resolution, I only see two options and i can not choose the usb dock option, i have no OS to go into to remove the system and remove the ui.zip.
I've tryed to connect over adb but the adb server is offline. can anybody help me? I need to get my kindle back.

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Ive been looking all around. but i have not found anything. my first issue tho is there is no communication betwine the computer and the kindle where i can transfer files.

May 9, 2014
Visit site
ive updated all of my drivers. the problem i have is that the twrp theme is the wrong size for the screen. I just need some way to bi-pass everything and wipe the memory to factory default. but with no com betwine the two. I have no idea what to do.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried killing and restarting the ADB server?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there any file that is a flashable stock ROM through recovery?

May 9, 2014
Visit site
there is, but i have no way to put it on the kindle. the usb dock option is 4 tiles below wipe witch is the cut off option below install.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think you might need to consider a JTAG service. Your recovery sounds like it corrupted, and can't connect via ADB.

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Turn off kindle fire attach fastboot cable. Hopefully it boots into fastboot mode and reinstall the recovery would be what I would try.