[GUIDE] Nova Launcher

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - I'll give that workaround a try. Can maybe use it to reconstruct a grid like the old one. I'm looking at reducing the number of home screens on the tablet anyway, but it's quite useful to have a different screen for each function (mail, video, radio/music, games etc).

Welcome! If you create a folder with Nova you can have a 3x3 grid similar to the one you're talking about.

travishand

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Galaxy S6 and I no longer have the option for Home Screens under the Desktop selection. Big problem as it only allows me on home screen. HELP!

DNHill

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! If you create a folder with Nova you can have a 3x3 grid similar to the one you're talking about.

Yep, works fine (although Simple Text is a bit of a pain to use, but got it set up). I've jettisoned a screen and replaced the app drawer icon in my dock with the folder (using the app draw icon I moved out to fill the 9th part of the 3x3 grid). Would still be nice if we can have the built-in grid back though, either as a switchable replacement for the scrolling overview, or perhaps an additional button at the bottom of it alongside the wallpaper/widgets/settings ones. But the folder work-around will certainly do for now as a replacement.

Given your comment about hearing a lot of complaints about this I presume you're a dev or similar involved with Nova? Have to say aside from this little niggle it's one of the nicest apps on my tablet and a must-have.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad it worked! No, I'm not a Nova dev, just a big fan :)

With Simple Text the best thing is if you create your own model, so anytime you use it you don't have to define your preferences.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just received my Galaxy S6 and I no longer have the option for Home Screens under the Desktop selection. Big problem as it only allows me on home screen. HELP!

After the latest update you have to press & hold on your homescreen and then you can see the screens overview.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just had to do a factory reset of my Note 10.1 2014

I LOVE Nova, and of course re set it up on the freshly reset Note

One small issue, that I cant seem to figure out, when I choose my wallpaper, it puts it on my screen , with like a white dotted line , almost looks like stitching, around the image. Any idea how to correct this, so I JUST see my image and no white dotted/stitch line?

Here is what I see:
wallpapernova.jpg

Thanks
Diane

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the good things about backing up Nova settings and store them elsewhere as there are so many tweaks/features you can choose from. Those are apps scattered all over the place instead of in your app drawer, you can also put your favorite ones in the doc area...but I could be wrong, you need to have the dock feature turned on and a white icon w/ dots should be in the center....when you tap that all your icons show up...you can also determine which you want to hide like wallpapers, etc in the app/widget/drawer settings...If I can figure it out, I'll attach 2 examples from my Note 5 phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160405-142204.jpg
    Screenshot_20160405-142204.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2015-08-26-13-52-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-26-13-52-30.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 15

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just had to do a factory reset of my Note 10.1 2014

I LOVE Nova, and of course re set it up on the freshly reset Note

One small issue, that I cant seem to figure out, when I choose my wallpaper, it puts it on my screen , with like a white dotted line , almost looks like stitching, around the image. Any idea how to correct this, so I JUST see my image and no white dotted/stitch line?

Here is what I see:
View attachment 223522

Thanks
Diane
On my phone, I see a dotted line in the center. There's an icon above to turn it on and off. I believe it's a guide to show you now much your desktop will show on a particular screen, or how much will be displayed on a particular home screen (e.g. my phone's home screen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy