[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00dbyeapple

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Way to go Knox, thanks for CB-ing Android devices from a true restore/reset!!

I sure hope this was an unforseen byproduct and not an intentional screw-you-over move. Looks like I'm stuck...

PandaTJ

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Hey Golf, I'm a tech geek with iOS devices, but not so much with Androids. My bf is. And he's been teaching me a lot, but i found your post and found that you were highly active and a helper, so I need some help. lol.

I've been using Android for about a year now. I have the Galaxy Note 3 on T-mobile. SM-N900T (white)
I was using TWRP with Jedi Elite v5, but it's a 4.3 JB rom.

I downloaded the 4.4.2 stock from xda (since it was faster than Sammobile) and tried to flash it exactly like you said. Extracted the 2 zip files. put the MD5 into the PDA section and checked it. Left everything else the way it was by default.

It flashed, then rebooted "Rebooting into recovery....." with the "big white word" SAMSUNG in the middle like a regular boot (except with the blue wording in the top left "Rebooting into recovery...."and after a half hour, absolutely nothing happens. I'm not sure if the COM 6 being in YELLOW (in odin) mattered, since it wasn't in blue. But everything said it passed. So now I'm having to go through Samsung Kies with it's EMERGENCY Firmware Repair Upgrade/Install and try to get it fixed that way...

Could it also be that I had it plugged into the hub built into my STEELSERIES APEX gaming keyboard instead of directly in a port on my PC? I'm not sure, but any advice from you would be quite helpful.

TJ

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hey Golf, I'm a tech geek with iOS devices, but not so much with Androids. My bf is. And he's been teaching me a lot, but i found your post and found that you were highly active and a helper, so I need some help. lol.

I've been using Android for about a year now. I have the Galaxy Note 3 on T-mobile. SM-N900T (white)
I was using TWRP with Jedi Elite v5, but it's a 4.3 JB rom.

I downloaded the 4.4.2 stock from xda (since it was faster than Sammobile) and tried to flash it exactly like you said. Extracted the 2 zip files. put the MD5 into the PDA section and checked it. Left everything else the way it was by default.

It flashed, then rebooted "Rebooting into recovery....." with the "big white word" SAMSUNG in the middle like a regular boot (except with the blue wording in the top left "Rebooting into recovery...."and after a half hour, absolutely nothing happens. I'm not sure if the COM 6 being in YELLOW (in odin) mattered, since it wasn't in blue. But everything said it passed. So now I'm having to go through Samsung Kies with it's EMERGENCY Firmware Repair Upgrade/Install and try to get it fixed that way...

Could it also be that I had it plugged into the hub built into my STEELSERIES APEX gaming keyboard instead of directly in a port on my PC? I'm not sure, but any advice from you would be quite helpful.

TJ

Try again with a direct connection into the PC. The color of the box doesn't really matter, it just is a difference between versions of Odin.
Ensure you have a decent charge. So pull the battery, and without turning it on charge the battery.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Damn Near Field Communication (NFC), figured out that a RFID card in my wallet was triggering the thing.

Misplaced post? This wound up in how to flash with Odin.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

DalSok

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
First allow me to apologize if I asked some basic-knowledge questions as I'm new to this flashing business.

I got the following steps from livgadget website in order to downgrade to 4.1.2.

"
Download and Install Odin v3.09.
Install necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2 from Samsung Official Support website.
Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options of your Galaxy Note 2. (SETTINGS > DEVELOPER OPTIONS > Check USB debugging mode)
Download Android 4.1.2 firmware for your particular Galaxy Note 2 device model (eg. GT-N7100) from Sam Mobile?s Firmware Page.
Extract the Galaxy Note 2 .zip firmware file you have downloaded from Sam Mobile. You will find .tar.md5 files inside the .zip file.
Power Off your Galaxy Note 2.
Restart your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode by pressing Volume Down, Power and Home Button simultaneously.
Open Odin and connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC via USB cable.
Wait till Odin recognizes your Galaxy Note 2 ( A blue box will appear when your Galaxy Note 2 is recognized).
In Odin File Selection (Download) Section, select the .tar.md5 files you have extracted from Sam Mobile Firmware .zip archive.
If there is only one file in Sam Mobile Firmware, then select it in download box. If there are multiple .tar.md5 files, then select all files in Odin?s file selection boxes.
Check the repartition box in Odin and make sure it is unchecked.
Click Start and wait for your Galaxy Note 2 to restart.
If your Galaxy Note 2 doesn?t reboot on its own, then enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home buttons simultaneously.
Perform Data Wipe (or Factory Reset) and wipe Cache Partition.
Reboot your device again to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
"

I'm based at Cairo, Egypt but I bought my mobile from Saudi Arabia. I downloaded "N7100XXDMC3_N7100OJVDMC1_KSA" from Sam Mobile and I tried all the above steps using Odin v3.09 and Odin3 v3.07 to download the file on the device but the process failed on both instead it gave me the message that software upgrade failed and I need to restore it using Kies. I managed to get back the device to work by flashing Philz recovery via Odin.
My question now, am I using the right file to download on my device? Is there anything else I need to do first before trying to downgrade?
I read in some articles that KNOX prevents the downgrading process. I pressed the icon and it wanted me to install it but I didn't anyway but I couldn't remove the app completely as it is a system app.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi,
First allow me to apologize if I asked some basic-knowledge questions as I'm new to this flashing business.

I got the following steps from livgadget website in order to downgrade to 4.1.2.

"
Download and Install Odin v3.09.
Install necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2 from Samsung Official Support website.
Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options of your Galaxy Note 2. (SETTINGS > DEVELOPER OPTIONS > Check USB debugging mode)
Download Android 4.1.2 firmware for your particular Galaxy Note 2 device model (eg. GT-N7100) from Sam Mobile?s Firmware Page.
Extract the Galaxy Note 2 .zip firmware file you have downloaded from Sam Mobile. You will find .tar.md5 files inside the .zip file.
Power Off your Galaxy Note 2.
Restart your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode by pressing Volume Down, Power and Home Button simultaneously.
Open Odin and connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC via USB cable.
Wait till Odin recognizes your Galaxy Note 2 ( A blue box will appear when your Galaxy Note 2 is recognized).
In Odin File Selection (Download) Section, select the .tar.md5 files you have extracted from Sam Mobile Firmware .zip archive.
If there is only one file in Sam Mobile Firmware, then select it in download box. If there are multiple .tar.md5 files, then select all files in Odin?s file selection boxes.
Check the repartition box in Odin and make sure it is unchecked.
Click Start and wait for your Galaxy Note 2 to restart.
If your Galaxy Note 2 doesn?t reboot on its own, then enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home buttons simultaneously.
Perform Data Wipe (or Factory Reset) and wipe Cache Partition.
Reboot your device again to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
"

I'm based at Cairo, Egypt but I bought my mobile from Saudi Arabia. I downloaded "N7100XXDMC3_N7100OJVDMC1_KSA" from Sam Mobile and I tried all the above steps using Odin v3.09 and Odin3 v3.07 to download the file on the device but the process failed on both instead it gave me the message that software upgrade failed and I need to restore it using Kies. I managed to get back the device to work by flashing Philz recovery via Odin.
My question now, am I using the right file to download on my device? Is there anything else I need to do first before trying to downgrade?
I read in some articles that KNOX prevents the downgrading process. I pressed the icon and it wanted me to install it but I didn't anyway but I couldn't remove the app completely as it is a system app.

From what I understand, Knox is preventing you from downgrading to the previous version of Android.
Are you back up and running?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Glad it helped.

duendemago

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I have this questions:
1.- Do I have be ROOT for flashing a custom ROM? I have the SGH-I337M Canadian version, I live in Mexico, mi region is TCE, people have told me that the Virgin 4.4.2 version works fine. But Odin keeps failing to flash it
2.- Im using Odin 3.09 version, which has no PDA button!! It only has AP button...so I?m placing the extracted Stock Rom file there and keeps failing!!!

I really need some guidance here guys!! Thanks Android friends!:D:confused:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Typically, yes you do need to be rooted. Custom ROMs need to be flashed in a custom recovery.
Try updating Samsung drivers, different ports and cables.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

rjads

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I had to read all the messages & reply, however it was not clear that we can recover from 4.3 to 4.1.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note (in case it is mentioned & I missed it apologies for it).

So I was following the video from Andriodcritics to update to 4.3 on Galaxy Note 2 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-OQ386V5vA

I was able to update it however I am having the following problem now "Not Registered On Network", which basically does not allow my phone to connect to any network.

Now I am not sure if this article to downgrade to 4.1.2, if anyone has tested this on Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) please let me know.

Firmware- Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMI6

Cheers,
RJads

croftgirl

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I own a samsung galaxy mini 2 and i decided to install CyanogenMod 11 on it. As I'm not a pro at these things, I did my research on Google on how to flash CM 11 but I seemed to stumble on the very first step. Most tutorials recommended ClockworkMod so I flashed it on my device using Odin 3.07. After flashing cwm-6.0.3.3-b2-jena.tar, I couldn't go into recovery mode anymore. When I press the volume up + down + home + power buttons I get the Samsung logo on the screen with that yellow triangle and it just stays like that and the only thing I can do is to take the battery out.
What can I do now?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

I own a samsung galaxy mini 2 and i decided to install CyanogenMod 11 on it. As I'm not a pro at these things, I did my research on Google on how to flash CM 11 but I seemed to stumble on the very first step. Most tutorials recommended ClockworkMod so I flashed it on my device using Odin 3.07. After flashing cwm-6.0.3.3-b2-jena.tar, I couldn't go into recovery mode anymore. When I press the volume up + down + home + power buttons I get the Samsung logo on the screen with that yellow triangle and it just stays like that and the only thing I can do is to take the battery out.
What can I do now?

Posted via Android Central App

Pull the battery out and try again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Took the battery out. Still can't get into recovery mode :(

Ok. Try getting back into Download mode (volume down instead of up) and try to flash the recovery again. I would double check to make sure it is the one you need. You should be able to reflash the stock recovery. Or push comes to shove, reflash the stock ROM.

You are rooted, correct?

Celiena22

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Please help!! I did everything step by step but odin came up with FAIL. now my phone says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again. I've updated my drivers, changed usb ports. my phone is completely useless and I've been working at this for over 5 hours now.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Please help!! I did everything step by step but odin came up with FAIL. now my phone says Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again. I've updated my drivers, changed usb ports. my phone is completely useless and I've been working at this for over 5 hours now.

I would try to download the file again, and reflash.

Status
Not open for further replies.