Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: [Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Every time I try to open the firmware file in the AP box, Odin keeps freezing (program not responding). I have tried rebooting my PC, I have tried 2 different versions of Odin, and they keep freezing. Any suggestions how to get it to work?

Global Posts
    20,067 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

The MD5 hash of the file has to be computed, and if you're flashing a 2GB ROM file, that takes time. Just open it in AP and go make a cup of tea. It'll come back in about 2 minutes (or more if your computer is slower than mine).

Default Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Hi i bricked my s4 gt-i9507 lte aus/hk variantonly goes in download mode and cant seem to be able to flash stock firmware plz help

Quote Originally Posted by steve majkic View Post
    hi i bricked my s4 gt-i9507 lte aus/hk variantonly goes in download mode and cant seem to be able to flash stock firmware plz help
    ive managed to flash cm 12 final but reception problems and fails the stock flash after it
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #255  

Global Posts
    30,979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Have you tried downloading the file again? Are your drivers updated?
    Steve Majkic likes this.

yea ive done all that i need to get a efs backup to restore wich i stupidly didnt backup before i flashed ive usd the same os as i always did on the stock one kept the file it used to work before i bricked it now i can only install a custom os through twrp nothing else flashes to it, wen i bricked my phone i accidently put the wrong pit file in and i cant seem to get the right one to fix it
    wtf187 likes this.

hi thanks for the reply, yea ive got everything running i flashed an incorrect pit file and the efs needs to be repaired odin wont flash official roms ive downloaded all of the opt versions across the net every version flash fail i tried downloading the pit files on the net to do with the phone and i guess no pass

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Majkic View Post
    hi thanks for the reply, yea ive got everything like that running fine i flashed an incorrect pit file and the efs needs to be repaired odin wont flash official roms ive downloaded all of the opt versions across the net every version flash fail i tried downloading the pit files on the net to do with the phone and i guess no pass
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #259  

Global Posts
    30,979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Majkic View Post
    hi thanks for the reply, yea ive got everything running i flashed an incorrect pit file and the efs needs to be repaired odin wont flash official roms ive downloaded all of the opt versions across the net every version flash fail i tried downloading the pit files on the net to do with the phone and i guess no pass
    I am honestly not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

all good thanks for your help anyways

pda: is ap
    bl: is phone
    csc is csc

Quote Originally Posted by Dre322 View Post
    ok i am almost there!!! but there is a problem! on the version of ODIN3 that i down loaded i do not have a box that says PDA!!! which one do i pick? the options i have are BL, AP, CP or CSC
    Please help!

Select AP and put the downloaded firmware in it and flash it

I have a Galaxy S6 (TMOBILE - G920T) I have used Odin tons of times before - but I wanted to go to stock - so I used Odin 3.10.6 and put the stock tar in the AP slot -

When I clicked start - it ran thru a few lines and then stopped - it looked like it was still working but nothing was happening. THis went on for five minutes - I finally pulled the plug - and was able to reboot into TWRP, where I restored a nandroid.

This has never happened to me before - I have Debugging enabled on my phone - I am using the latest version of ODIN but nothing happens.

any suggestions?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #265  

Global Posts
    30,979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Does it work with an older version of Odin?

From the ZenFone2
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

I need help. I know close to nothing compared to most. I was trying to access deleted contacts etc. but it said I needed to root my phone first. I followed the steps and now it's not doing anything. I used Odin. Just a waiting game.
    Please someone help. My ex went crazy and has deleted things throughout my phone and has been spying on me through that phone. It's a galaxy samsung S5 sport
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #267  

Global Posts
    30,979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by cpoole2015 View Post
    I need help. I know close to nothing compared to most. I was trying to access deleted contacts etc. but it said I needed to root my phone first. I followed the steps and now it's not doing anything. I used Odin. Just a waiting game.
    Please someone help. My ex went crazy and has deleted things throughout my phone and has been spying on me through that phone. It's a galaxy samsung S5 sport
    Welcome to the forums. The guide above is mainly for reflashing stock ROMs, although gaining root access can sometimes be used with Odin. To recover deleted contacts, root access would have most likely been needed before the deletions happened. If you think your ex has been spying on you, I would suggest talking with your carrier about it. They may have some options to help. If it were me, I would get a different phone and change the passwords on my Google accounts.

Goodmorning, I'm using Jodin on a Mac. Made recovery of the PIT file possible by unloading the remaining KIES files. I have the Samsung Advance in recovery mode, the md5 file in PDA. When I press start the message is:

/usr/bin/heimdallDevice Removed
    Device Not Detected
    Device Connected

And the Green Pass message is there but way to quick to have loaded the flash file. And nothing did happen still on 2.3.6.
    Any suggestions here?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #269  

Global Posts
    30,979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I would download the file and try again.

From my LG G4

I have a galaxy s4 sch-i545 and I'm furious I can't root. Can anyone help I've tried 1 click root and king root and nothing works ...am I stuck with this problem. ..I miss my s3 please help
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #271  

Global Posts
    30,979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by wtf187 View Post
    I have a galaxy s4 sch-i545 and I'm furious I can't root. Can anyone help I've tried 1 click root and king root and nothing works ...am I stuck with this problem. ..I miss my s3 please help
    What version of Android are you on?

From my LG G4
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011