[GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card

Denise Arsenault

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
This was very helpful!! only thing left is the final question on my screen; Convert folder to file Y/N. and several other similar questions came up.
I selected N on all. seened to be ok.

BenPxrry

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
hi there,
I recently got off a skiing trip with my phone to find that when I got back all my photos were gone and it kept saying that my micro sd card had been removed unexpectedly. I have removed it and reinserted it continuously, cleaned the pins and everything else and it still cannot read. I'm trying to do your fabulous looking solution but when I insert my micro sd card with my sd card adapter, my laptop cannot detect my micro sd card. I need serious help as it holds all my data !!! :'(

bobby_pagalan

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I tried the procedure but it says my desk is raw. When I inserted the micro SD immediately it direct me to reformat. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks

saifsafe

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
hi, I can't seem to be able to fix my SD card. I can't even format my SD, it's not on lock btw. I just want it to work again with or without the images/video but if possible please help me thank you. delet.png

Theo1955

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
hello, following your instructions with chkdsk the pc replies with that is file system is RAW, and that chkdsk doesn't support RAW files. Any suggestion would be very welcome???

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had success with a free program called PhotoRec. If you Google it, it is buried within the app Download called TestDisk (which can recover a pc/laptop hard drive). PhotoRec is best run on your PC as Administrator...it will run in a DOS window (or cmd.exe).

Posted via the Android Central App

Calvin Harris1

May 12, 2016
Visit site
It's not working
after i did that nothing was happened
i did exactly like that but it's not working after using chkdsk g: /f it appear like that but , still show "SD card damaged in my phone"
PLEASE HELP :'( :'( :'(

yehet suga

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
when i put it on the adapter and inserted it, my computer doesnt read it and the folder didnt show up theres also no drive letter written pls help i need this sd card fast :(

nospampp

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Dear friends,

I hope someone can help me here... Is there any hope to recover the files? They are very important, so i'll consider the option of professional recovery.
Any tips will be very much appreciated !

Computer and camera can't open the card. Running "CHKDSK G: /f" did 2 fast scans with 4000 lines, 3rd scan is taking very long...

Naamloos.jpg

Chitola

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I followed the process for checking my micro sd card and it found everything ok. But, when I try to open the photo file it asks me how do I want to open it. After trying several programs, no luck. I do not know how to unzipp files, do you have easy instructions for this? Not too savvy at computer stuff.

Thank you in advance,
Chintola

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another option is to right click on the drive and select Tools as I recall. Under that tab there is an option to repair the drive.

Alpha Dog

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Used ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) to recover 56GB and 3000+ photos and videos from a corrupted SD card that no other program could. Chkdsk reported RAW format and could not fix card. ZAR runs on a Windows PC. Took around 7hr but worked a charm. Version that recovers media is free, version that recovers all files is around $69 and come with lifelong free updates.