[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zu115

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

I have not tried another ROM. I did consider slim bean though. I just like CyanogenMod more. What if the boot loader does not load the new ROM (slim)? I think I should be able to go back to my current version. Otherwise is there a way to troubleshoot it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have not tried another ROM. I did consider slim bean though. I just like CyanogenMod more. What if the boot loader does not load the new ROM (slim)? I think I should be able to go back to my current version. Otherwise is there a way to troubleshoot it?

Flashing the stock ROM should help, but there is the possible solution. However the new bootloader has Knox, which like I said, has been nefarious for not allowing any other ROM to be flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

zu115

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

So do you think I should go stock... or slim or stay where I'm at. I'm trying to decide if the pros out way the cons. What would you do in this situation?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

So do you think I should go stock... or slim or stay where I'm at. I'm trying to decide if the pros out way the cons. What would you do in this situation?

I would try slim first, then stock.

zu115

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

OK. Would you mind helping me find a stock firmware? Mist files that I find are outdated or the link is bad. I have to wait until tomorrow to get slim.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

OK. Would you mind helping me find a stock firmware? Mist files that I find are outdated or the link is bad. I have to wait until tomorrow to get slim.

Try Samsung updates .com. Look by model number.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

kawasakikid22

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

hey guys im new to the whole rooting ordeal. and i rooted my phone successfully. i have a galaxy s4 sprint mk2 build. and when i was trying to get a free hotsport i beleive i updated OTA incorrectly using mobile ODIN. now i cannot boot my phone at all it gets stuck at the yellow sprint screen. what can i do? my phone is useless right now

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

hey guys im new to the whole rooting ordeal. and i rooted my phone successfully. i have a galaxy s4 sprint mk2 build. and when i was trying to get a free hotsport i beleive i updated OTA incorrectly using mobile ODIN. now i cannot boot my phone at all it gets stuck at the yellow sprint screen. what can i do? my phone is useless right now

Welcome to the forums.
Can you get into recovery or download mode?

Praveen Kumar26

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

My flashing started and went well for the first 10 mins and then the progress bar is not moving for the last 20 mins. I am trying to flash an official ROM from Samsung Updates site on a Note 10.1 SM-P600 tablet. Do not know should I unplug the device or do I need to do something else.

Needed to do this as I had bought the tablet in China and did not have the Google Play. Was trying to install the Singapore version of the official ROM.

Please advice. the tablet is just a day old :-(

Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

This one is hard to say. You don't want to unplug the device while still flashing the ROM. I don't know what would happen if you forced it to stop and started to reflash another ROM.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Try sammobile, or Samsung updates .com

Praveen Kumar26

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I did take the risk of bricking my brand new note as it was anyway stuck and switched off the power and unplugging the USB cable. Next it mentioned that there was an error in firmware upgrade and I need to do recovery using Samsung Kies - which refused to recognize the device :-(.

Anyway, since there was no other option tried to start the tablet in the download mode and to my luck it did come up in the download mode and next time when I tried flashing through ODIN, it was a breeze. My device was nicely flashed with the UK version of stock ROM and the tablet was just the way I wanted - free from all Chinese apps and Chinese keyboards.

I would like to thank the contributors of this thread for their detailed instructions and patience to answer questions of novices like me :). It was the first time I was flashing a ROM so was very nervous and I think I could have disturbed the USB cable from the laptop disrupting the link.

Thanks to all the instructions here am a lot more confident.

Praveen

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

I did take the risk of bricking my brand new note as it was anyway stuck and switched off the power and unplugging the USB cable. Next it mentioned that there was an error in firmware upgrade and I need to do recovery using Samsung Kies - which refused to recognize the device :-(.

Anyway, since there was no other option tried to start the tablet in the download mode and to my luck it did come up in the download mode and next time when I tried flashing through ODIN, it was a breeze. My device was nicely flashed with the UK version of stock ROM and the tablet was just the way I wanted - free from all Chinese apps and Chinese keyboards.

I would like to thank the contributors of this thread for their detailed instructions and patience to answer questions of novices like me :). It was the first time I was flashing a ROM so was very nervous and I think I could have disturbed the USB cable from the laptop disrupting the link.

Thanks to all the instructions here am a lot more confident.

Praveen

Glad you got back up and running again. Thanks for posting the follow up. See you around the forums.

MarkGrz

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

anything i try to do the device turns off and restarts.....never get a chances to even quickly scroll to where i need to to select options...also tried putting my s3 into download mode and hit continue and odin doesn't do anything as the device again just turns off and restarts....no clue what to do anymore as this is the 2nd time it has happened to me. the first time it fixed it self magically after a week of not using it

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

anything i try to do the device turns off and restarts.....never get a chances to even quickly scroll to where i need to to select options...also tried putting my s3 into download mode and hit continue and odin doesn't do anything as the device again just turns off and restarts....no clue what to do anymore as this is the 2nd time it has happened to me. the first time it fixed it self magically after a week of not using it

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried pulling the battery for 20 minutes?

g00dbyeapple

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I've had my S3 for a couple months now and am having trouble returning the device settings to "true out of the box stock" with the factory installed 4.1.1 Android version. Currently I now have Cyanogenmod 4.4 on my phone, and have been having too many minor glitches so I want it off. The following is how I got to this point: After getting used to the navigation from dropping Apple, I decided to take the plunge and rooted my phone with ClockworkMod. After a couple days I noticed the phone would freeze when incoming calls would ring and after 60+ seconds of ringing the phone would finally realize something was wrong and reboot. So I flashed the stock ROM and was back to square one. Another week went by and at the end of January AT&T pushed the OTA update to 4.3. Wasn't too thrilled about the new version, especially with Knox interfering with AV scans and other routine functions, so I went online and found a way to remove it. Attempted another root process and failed, but eventually was able to root the phone a second time. However, installing Linux Deploy was not working as it did with 4.1.1. I tried using Odin and the stock ROM file I flashed before would work, but everytime it would fail. Tried different cables, USB ports, different download sites, same failed result trying to go from 4.3 back to 4.1.1. I thought maybe going forward to 4.4 would correct the issue so I downloaded TWRP and installed cyanogenmod. Still wasn't able to get any further with Linux Deploy, and the camera and web browser freeze and fail to connect. Also have an "alarm" tone that goes off when I open the phone in the morning that I can't figure out what it's linked to. So with these irritating bugs I want to go back to square one but I uncertain if I'm past the point of no return.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I've had my S3 for a couple months now and am having trouble returning the device settings to "true out of the box stock" with the factory installed 4.1.1 Android version. Currently I now have Cyanogenmod 4.4 on my phone, and have been having too many minor glitches so I want it off. The following is how I got to this point: After getting used to the navigation from dropping Apple, I decided to take the plunge and rooted my phone with ClockworkMod. After a couple days I noticed the phone would freeze when incoming calls would ring and after 60+ seconds of ringing the phone would finally realize something was wrong and reboot. So I flashed the stock ROM and was back to square one. Another week went by and at the end of January AT&T pushed the OTA update to 4.3. Wasn't too thrilled about the new version, especially with Knox interfering with AV scans and other routine functions, so I went online and found a way to remove it. Attempted another root process and failed, but eventually was able to root the phone a second time. However, installing Linux Deploy was not working as it did with 4.1.1. I tried using Odin and the stock ROM file I flashed before would work, but everytime it would fail. Tried different cables, USB ports, different download sites, same failed result trying to go from 4.3 back to 4.1.1. I thought maybe going forward to 4.4 would correct the issue so I downloaded TWRP and installed cyanogenmod. Still wasn't able to get any further with Linux Deploy, and the camera and web browser freeze and fail to connect. Also have an "alarm" tone that goes off when I open the phone in the morning that I can't figure out what it's linked to. So with these irritating bugs I want to go back to square one but I uncertain if I'm past the point of no return.

Knox is now in your bootloader and preventing the return to 4.1

nanso

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

Help which sprint stock file should I flash. There's different ones. Mk2, mja and a few others???

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Help which sprint stock file should I flash. There's different ones. Mk2, mja and a few others???

What device do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox