[Old version][Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibracadabra09

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

Can I re-install latest firmware on that way or maybe rollback to older build of 4.4.2? I bought phone with I9505XXUGNF1 firmware and updated over OTA (2 updates in a row, one from July and one from August) and after that I have nothing but problems with my battery. I tried factory reset, it is better but not like my previous build. I would love to reinstall full ROM, something like clean install of Windows or restore option from iTunes (i used this on my iPhone). I tried to use KIES but getting message "GT-I9505 does not support initializing". My phone is from Germany but i'm using it in Croatia. I never rooted my phone. Sorry for my English :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Can I re-install latest firmware on that way or maybe rollback to older build of 4.4.2? I bought phone with I9505XXUGNF1 firmware and updated over OTA (2 updates in a row, one from July and one from August) and after that I have nothing but problems with my battery. I tried factory reset, it is better but not like my previous build. I would love to reinstall full ROM, something like clean install of Windows or restore option from iTunes (i used this on my iPhone). I tried to use KIES but getting message "GT-I9505 does not support initializing". My phone is from Germany but i'm using it in Croatia. I never rooted my phone. Sorry for my English :)
Yes, you can do this. You might get update notifications, but you can do this.

Sent from an AOSP M8

ibracadabra09

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Yes, you can do this. You might get update notifications, but you can do this.

Sent from an AOSP M8

OK thanks, I will go back to build before update, because latest update is horror for me, i already tried factory reset and wipe cache through recovery mode, after that I installed all apps, and my dad called me on my phone, and it blocked on lock screen and I had to restart phone. This is last Samsung for me, they are super slow with firmware updates. Does Odin format whole phone and install firmware as a clean install? I need to know this for future updates (when 4.4.4 came out I'll try to update through Kies), because I will avoid OTA updates, it never worked good for me, even on iPhone, updates over iTunes were always better and more stable. And do you know why I'm getting "GT-I9505 does not support initializing".?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

OK thanks, I will go back to build before update, because latest update is horror for me, i already tried factory reset and wipe cache through recovery mode, after that I installed all apps, and my dad called me on my phone, and it blocked on lock screen and I had to restart phone. This is last Samsung for me, they are super slow with firmware updates. Does Odin format whole phone and install firmware as a clean install? I need to know this for future updates (when 4.4.4 came out I'll try to update through Kies), because I will avoid OTA updates, it never worked good for me, even on iPhone, updates over iTunes were always better and more stable. And do you know why I'm getting "GT-I9505 does not support initializing".?
I always assume that Odin will wipe the entire device. Back everything up and go from there.

Sent from an AOSP M8

bongski55

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Hello! I have an S3 neo.Can I use this guide to downgrade from kitkat 4.4.4 to previous 4.3? Thanks!

Ammar Hussain

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Hey i dont know what im doing wrong but it keeps failing everytime. ive downloaded the stock ROMs multiple times and i keep getting the same result. any help would be appreciated

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Try different cables and USB ports (don't use any hubs). Also make sure your PC drivers are updated.

Ammar Hussain

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I've tried everything. Got rid of Kies uninstalled the drivers and re installed them tried different ports nothing seems to be working.
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
thats what i keep seeing on odin^

I completely forgot to mention whats wrong with the phone. its a Galaxy Ace 2 e or SGHT599V and i had rooted it before and after a while i decided to unroot thats when it stopped working . it would stay at the samsung logo whenever id turn it on then i flashed it with the recovery after which all it would do is go into recovery mode when ever i turn it on. doesnt seem to be loading the OS just goes straight into recovery

Last edited by a moderator:

Nero3X

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I'm using a Samsung Tab 3 or SM-T311. I rooted it with ODIN fine but now I want to unroot with flash but it keeps failing
Please help.

simified

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

I have a big problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I have a Samsung Exhibit T679 and I wanted to root it. I was watching a video tutorial and I installed the Clockworkmod, rebooted my phone, did ROM wipe, then when I went to install the root-stock.zip it was not on my list. Now my phone goes into a boot loop. I can access the recovery page but my phone will not fully start up. Is there any way for me to fix this or do I need a new phone?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have a big problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I have a Samsung Exhibit T679 and I wanted to root it. I was watching a video tutorial and I installed the Clockworkmod, rebooted my phone, did ROM wipe, then when I went to install the root-stock.zip it was not on my list. Now my phone goes into a boot loop. I can access the recovery page but my phone will not fully start up. Is there any way for me to fix this or do I need a new phone?
If you have an SD Card, you can try placing the file there, and reboot recovery to flash the file.

From an AOSP M8

remixedcat1

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

I have a gnex and I tried this and it's stuck at the galaxy nexus X logo and nothing else is happened

mars6276

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

I have done flashing my Samsung galaxy S4 mini dous via ODIN but my phone is not starting now, only samsung logo appears and it stay like that for almost 30 mins so I decided to removed the battery, but when I power it again same problem occurred. Please help me. :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have done flashing my Samsung galaxy S4 mini dous via ODIN but my phone is not starting now, only samsung logo appears and it stay like that for almost 30 mins so I decided to removed the battery, but when I power it again same problem occurred. Please help me. :)
I would pull the battery for a few minutes, after that, try rebooting into recovery (like download mode, but volume up) and clear the cache.

From an AOSP M8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid