04-10-2016 06:17 AM
37 12
tools
    I have never had a problem when Keep updates, and all of my notes have survived updates aside form the ones I delete.
    I don't mean the app updates, I solely speak of earlier versions of my notes.
    12-30-2014 10:19 AM
    Smb-Older versions of notes are not auto-saved.

All-My favorite gesture of Keep is the simultaneous recording AND transcription of dictated notes. It's great for dictating a quick note on the fly (maybe while driving). Just tap the mic icon on the widget and start talking.
    If you go back later and can't figure out what you said due to imperfect transcription, then just listen to the audio and correct the transcription yourself. no other app I know of saves birth the recording and transcription.

If it ends up being a note I want to save, I usually delete the recording (after proof reading the text), hit back to save then SHARE to gtasks or evernote

Gtasks and evernote can manage a lot more notes because noise can be categorized (and tagged for en). Keep didn't really do this...Colors are not good enough (I can't even filter out search for red notes). So Keep us not good for large quantity of notes imo. Accordingly I don't use it for long term storage...only short term storage of a few notes at a time. It's still great for those audio notes though.
    12-30-2014 11:18 AM
    I solely speak of earlier versions of my notes
    I have some still from the inception of the app.
    Ry likes this.
    12-30-2014 01:43 PM
    I'm fed up with Evernote. On the web app it isn't possible use Ctrl + Z to undo actions, one of my notes is now lost forever and you can't revert to earlier versions (feature only available to Premium members). The website is also slow as hell and I don't want to install the desktop application.

Does Google Keep save all earlier versions of a note? With Google Drive it's easy to revert back to older one and I think every version is saved.
    Can you use Ctrl + Z to undo actions on the desktop application?

I am happy with Keep, but now I am thinking of switching to evernote. I have too much notes in Keep. I have more than 10 notes in keep and I find it harder to find the note that I need. No folders in Keep, all notes are stored in the same place, you just have to keep scrolling to find it.
    12-30-2014 10:52 PM
    I like the simplicity of Keep and it's easy to use. But all I've read says there is a widget. I can't find it! Anyone know how to get it? Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    01-10-2015 07:31 AM
    I like the simplicity of Keep and it's easy to use. But all I've read says there is a widget. I can't find it! Anyone know how to get it? Thanks

Depending on your launcher, the widgets can be accessed by longpressing any blank spot on your home screen, or going into the App drawer and scrolling over (or clicking the widgets tab) and looking there. It will be under Google Keep, not just Keep though. There is a 3x2 and a 3x1.
    01-10-2015 09:34 AM
    Depending on your launcher, the widgets can be accessed by longpressing any blank spot on your home screen, or going into the App drawer and scrolling over (or clicking the widgets tab) and looking there. It will be under Google Keep, not just Keep though. There is a 3x2 and a 3x1.
    LOL Yep, there it is. Missed it under all the Google widgets and kept looking for Keep. Thanks!

01-10-2015 07:26 PM
    Great post! In my job i use Google Keep daily, although sometimes it messes the sync between pc and mobile, it's still my preffered choice
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-20-2015 06:30 AM
    Undelete? I've used Keep occasionally as a quick place to jot stuff down, but a phone number I stored there vanished. I must've deleted it by swiping somehow. But that's pretty nasty, since there doesn't seem to be any undelete function. At least when you swipe to delete in gmail, you get a temporary undo placeholder, so you can fix an accidental delete. If Keep has something like that, I can't find it.
    Yes this feature should be standard across the entire Android OS!!! Whatever other people on forums have to say on the subject like "you shouldn't write long text in Keep, you're an *****, everyone knows you should use Docs instead", NO not every one knows it and when you lose a text you have been writing for two hours in Keep to prevent it from disappearing like last time when switching from an app to another to check some details in your calendar (happened to my last LinkedIn message reply for an important contract I just finished writing) and end up deleting your Keep text by accident thinking you were in another app (displayed opened Apps in cascade mode and clicked on the App I wanted to paste my text in, deleted the text just to figure out when I wanted to go get the text I just wrote in Keep that I didn't really switch of App... now I've learned my lesson but would have loved Google and their Android OS for including a feature as basic and standard across all platforms as this one!).
    10-22-2015 10:32 AM
    Hi,

Recently, My nexus 5 stopped working. I had very important notes on the keep app which I may not have synced. When I open the web version of keep, I am not able to see the recent notes. Is there any way to recover the recent notes that I had saved on my phone?
    10-31-2015 11:40 AM
    Hi,

Recently, My nexus 5 stopped working. I had very important notes on the keep app which I may not have synced. When I open the web version of keep, I am not able to see the recent notes. Is there any way to recover the recent notes that I had saved on my phone?
    Since its on Google keep, you can log onto Keep on any Android device, or you can even access keep from a desktop. Search Google keep, and you will be prompted to sign in.
    10-31-2015 02:18 PM
    I recently started using Google Keep too. I love the UI and its simplicity. However, there are some things that bother me. There is no desktop client available on OS X. I use Chrome with the Keep Chrome app, but there is no integration with the OS. The only kind of integration is inside the Chrome/Google ecosystem. If you are in Finder or any other application, you cannot use Google Keep. There are no extensions for OS X available. I understand that this is the Google approach, but still I miss this functionality.
    04-10-2016 06:17 AM
37 12