12-23-2016 04:59 PM
67 123
tools
    New Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 fixed the WiFi issues with my phone so far testing it for a hour as I just got it no buffering on streaming.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 03:28 PM
    Hey, my Galaxy S4 will show that it is connected to my home wifi but the Internet won't work and when I go to my available networks it says the network is connected but turned off. The internet is working on my computer and I thought it may be some type of wifi issue but I have a friend in nc who just told me she's having the same problem. Any ideas? I've tried rebooting, taking the battery out, turning off data. It will connect then scan then connect then while connected says the wifi is turned off.
    09-24-2015 11:44 PM
    My issue is unique or rather weird.

I got a new 6P. When I turn on W-Fi, it detects all nearby connections except my home wi-fi. All other devices at home are still connected to my home wifi at home. What could be the reason? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
    11-27-2015 02:45 AM
    Changing the channel finally worked! 1 kindle and 1 zenpad would only connect intermittently. Changed channel to 6, recommended by kindle, and they're fine. Before with auto, I guess they wouldn't connect if the channel was greater than a certain number.
    02-17-2016 08:46 AM
    I have an lg G3. The marshmallow android update messed up my wifi. I don't have all of the functions in the advanced wifi settings to get to change the frequency. (Which I'm not sure what to do from here) I have tried many different things (hard reboot, sending phone in, forget networks, pull battery out. I had my internet provider ping my router, and they say it's working fine, plus everyone else with different phones don't have this issue .) any new suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    03-22-2016 07:40 PM
    I have an lg G3. The marshmallow android update messed up my wifi. I don't have all of the functions in the advanced wifi settings to get to change the frequency. (Which I'm not sure what to do from here) I have tried many different things (hard reboot, sending phone in, forget networks, pull battery out. I had my internet provider ping my router, and they say it's working fine, plus everyone else with different phones don't have this issue .) any new suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the late response! The first thing to do is to reboot your router by unplugging its power, waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in again.

If that doesn't help, then the way to change the wi-fi channel is through your router's settings, not the phone's wi-fi settings. Read your router's manual to learn how to log into its settings menu and change the wi-fi channel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2016 01:39 AM
    Hi there,
    my instagram or snapchat will not refresh unless i turn off my wifi and use my data. what's interesting is this has only started happening since we bought a laptop;meaning that another appliance was added to the wifi.im not great at technology but I have tried most things suggested above such as rebooting router, turning off Qos, etc to no avail.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    05-05-2016 11:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the DHCP range is wide (i.e., make sure there are enough IP addresses for all of the devices in your home network). Usually, the range is something like 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255, which means there are 255 possible addresses.
    05-05-2016 11:36 AM
    I also forgot to mention that sometimes, for brief periods of about 10 mins, snapchat and instagram will work with the wifi. usually this is when al the other appliances in the house are not using wifi. maybe the connection is not strong enough, not sure.
    05-05-2016 12:58 PM
    This could still be due to a DHCP range that is too narrow, because multiple devices may be competing for too few IP addresses.
    05-05-2016 06:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the DHCP range is wide (i.e., make sure there are enough IP addresses for all of the devices in your home network). Usually, the range is something like 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255, which means there are 255 possible addresses.
    .1 is usually the router itself. .255 is broadcast. So the usual available range is .2 to .253. (That's 251 connections, and no home router can handle that much traffic. I prefer to keep the range to what I need and expand it by 2 when my great nephews are here.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-12-2016 04:21 PM
    For what it's worth none of the suggestions here worked. BUT. the opposite did. I have an Archer C3200 and ENABLING IPv6 as well as turning on the guest network feature did the trick for me. I rebooted my phone to be sure. This was not a problem with my Nexus 5X. Glad this is resolved now.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-24-2016 08:32 PM
    Thank you so much....this problem been bugging me for months. Worked like a charm.

Mzlucy317
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-16-2016 01:12 PM
    i have S7 but no any wifi network show ? what to do
    10-02-2016 08:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details? Is the wi-fi toggle actually turning on? Does it have trouble detecting wi-fi networks only at home, or also elsewhere (where there are public wi-fi hotspots)?
    10-04-2016 10:58 PM
    I've been having a weird issue and I tried everything I could and nothing is working. I have an LG Rebel and it was working fine up until today when all of a sudden the internet was letting anything work. I checked the connection and it said it was fine and connected but everytime I go to any app it says either the internet is offline or unavailable. I tried rebooting the router, forget the wifi and reconnect, I restarted my phone, I tried the list above, nothing seems to work. On every device I have they all work. Please help. This has been really frustrating and I cant find any help. Thank you.
    12-23-2016 03:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? The steps for the G3 probably work for the Rebel: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30130
    12-23-2016 04:59 PM
67 123