[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

dialronet

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
It's just the channel. I want to point out again that changing channels not always works but that's the only variation I've noted that can get to temporarily fix the issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit of a headscratcher. In the past, I've actually had issues with updated firmware on an Asus router, and had to roll back to the previous firmware. It's counter to what I mention earlier, I know--but sometimes updates are faulty. If you recently updated the router's firmware, then see if you can roll back to the previous version. Look on the D-Link website to see if they have previous firmware available for download.

dialronet

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
yep it's been a headache for me for the last 5 weeks. I think there was either a router's firmware update or phone updated (before the android lollipop roll in) that has created a conflict between these two devices. I've ended up buying a new router with more config options and flexibility and it's working perfectly fine and hope with no future problems. It's annoying to solve an issue just having to buy a new router and not finding out the actual root of the issue but couldn't wait anymore. I appreciate the time you spent working on this and suggestions made. All the best!

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
hey..
i have an htc desire 310, which keeps disconnecting from our wifi... sometimes it doesnt even find it... what can i do? i dont have wifi in my phone because of that... anything you say above just doesnt work...
Please help...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You tried all of the different suggestions? It might ultimately be a problem with the router. Make sure the router has the latest firmware--if it does, then you might even consider the opposite, that perhaps the latest firmware is buggy. In that case, you may want to try previous firmware versions.

You may just have to try a new router.

Ervin de Padua

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I recently had a wifi problem with my LG G2. For some unknown reasons, my wifi button hung (stucked at turning on). I tried turning off the phone but the button is still hanging. So I turned off the phone overnight, fully charged, then the button worked again smoothly. Only to find out that it was just temporary, the button bug seemed permanently stucked (every few seconds on/off). The result was a catastrophe. This problem drained my battery drastically, 1% every 5 minutes approx. Thanks for any tip/s in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's always a tough problem to solve. It might be a hardware problem (faulty radio or loose connection), or a software problem. For hardware issues, believe it or not, some people solve it by slapping the back of the phone firmly, which can sometimes work--presumably by repositioning some loose connector. For software issues, you could try booting into Safe Mode to see it works without any 3rd party app running: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11127. If that doesn't help, a factory reset may be worth trying. Good luck!

James Raj

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and have a EC315 Huawei WIFI datacard. I used to connect my phone through Wifi and it used to work flawlessly. Recently I got a notification for updating to Lollipop 5.1 from 5.0.1 and I switched on the Wifi to download the software update, but the phone would connect and immediately drop the connection in 1 sec, this kept on happening. I checked with my laptop, it was connecting perfectly. Finally I got the firmware update through my office Wifi which also connected perfectly with my phone. I finally came across this thread and tried all the suggestions. I was not wanting to do a factory reset on my phone as it would entail the painful process of downloading all the apps. Finally I reset the wifi dongle to factory default and without any result. As I am writing this to you for your help, I happened to tinker with the user manual of the Huawei device, I came across FAQs which said that the mobile device's antivirus could interfere with the data services, so I immediately opened the McAfee app and disabled Wifi security and then tried connecting. Thankfully it connected and I got about to a workaround. Hope this helps.

bindasdou

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello good day,
Galaxy GT-I8530 android 4.1.2; tried all your suggestions but not connecting " saved, secured or authentication failed. My router is tp link.
so when I put the mobile 50 centimeters near router it connect automatically and work well.
please help me to fix the problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You already tried changing the wi-fi channel? Router firmware up to date?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not enough information to diagnose, and we can't get enough online. Bring it into a shop for an estimate. It could be a couple of different problems, or one thing causing both symptoms. If there's one thing I've learned from years in this business, it's that guessing at the cause of a symptom that's not obvious almost never produces the correct solution.

barajaa

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
my Android KITKAT has been updated into Android 4.4.2 KITKAT for Samsung Note 10.1 2014 and breaking my head to connect to wi-fi which it shows 'Scanning...' in a loop and there is wifi signal available in my palace. If you found any solution
wifi 1.jpg
wifi 2.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

DfensBo

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here to see if anyone has a clue what else I could try to get my phone (a BLU with Android 4.2.1.) to connect to my WIFI. I've had the "avoided poor internet connection" with my last android phone--like this one, it originally connected fine but after 2 weeks decided the connection was "poor"--and entering a static IP helped back then. Now it actually gets the phone to say "connected"--but it stil refuses to open any websites.

In short: I've tried all the tips here--they still lead to "avoided poor internet connection". Entering a static IP avoids that and leads to the phone saying "connected"--but it still won't get me on the internet. (Is there any way to access the dhcp-folder from my computer, so I can delete it? It doesn't show on my android).

Thanks!

Aboli Suryawanshi

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi.. My moto g can not detect office WiFi.. At 1st day it's connected but at 2nd day it doesn't showing WiFi name.. Even in saved n/w it doesn't appear.. Plz help I have tried all the options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes