05-25-2017 09:36 AM
60 123
tools
    If my phone is sealed ie cant take battery out will silica gel in a zip loc bag really draw out any humid air moisture inside the phone through the headphone jack?

It seems like it's really easy for humid air to get inside the phone but to get it out seems impossible.. as in would silica gel packets really draw the moisture from inside the phone through that little hole in headphone jack?? Does that actually happen? Doesn't the silica need a more open port to suck out the air moisture inside a sealed phone?
    01-26-2016 06:23 AM
    Hello Rukbat, I dropped my Nexus 6 in water. its been 2 days now. It was working fine the next morning but during the day the screen started flickering until going off completely. After reading your thread, I think it was caused after I started charging it.
    Can you pls advise..how to save it?
    01-28-2016 11:25 AM
    Detach battery. Put it in rice to absorb wet.

I drop my LG Nexus 4 in the water. At first it looks like it works fine, but:

1. First microphone stop working.
    2. My calls start to interrupt.

So I disassemble the phone. Remove battery and make alcohol bath. I put it in rice to absorb alcohol that left.

The phone appears to work, but I have problem with the screen. Either I it still has alcohol, either the alcohol dissolves something and there are a lot of stains from the inside on the glass.

So not make alcohol bath for the screen.
    02-15-2016 07:03 AM
    My Phone was recently dropped in water a month ago, I just left it and now just recently saturday morning i tried to charge it and it turned on, Everything was fine except wifi, Ive did all the factory reseting and router reseting. can someone please help?
    03-13-2016 11:51 PM
    Hi there. I was in my boat in fresh water and my phone got wet but not submerged. I unfortunately, did three things you have said not to do. I plugged it in, kept battery in and out and tried to power it back up several times. I've tried the rice over night the last 3 nights. I even tried it in rice in our food dehydrator on the lowest setting. I can hear calls come in, hear the volume setting, see light at the top sometimes red, blue or green and see the white lights at the bottom. I have tried all combinations of power,up volume, down volume, and menu buttons, but no luck. Besides not wanting to pay to replace the phone that is not insured, I don't want to lose the pictures on it. Is there anyway to retrieve the info that has been saved to the phone without the screen lighting up? Am I to late to try the alcohol treatment? If not, do you unscrew the phone to get to the mother board before you wash it? I have seen a few videos that show you unscrew the phone and check if something has come lose?? Or is time no longer on my side as it has been 3 days from the accident? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! Thank you!!!!
    04-10-2016 04:20 PM
    It's too late to do anything. The damage was all done within the first few hours, especially once you plugged it in. Sorry. (In the shop, we opened the phone and removed everything, then washed the pieces one by one in alcohol with a gauze alcohol wipe. But swishing a closed (not water-resistant) phone in an alcohol bath enough should do as well.
    04-20-2016 05:35 PM
    Can you add instructions for opening the non removable battery phones? My phone is probably a paperweight at this point and I'm sick to my stomach. I have an s6 edge. On Monday I got caught in the rain. Put the phone in rice till Tuesday night, plugged it up and turned it on wednesday morning. Turned it on and it said finger print sensor not working or something like that and it wouldn't connect to the mobile network and the camera failed. So after reading this I had the genius idea of trying the alcohol bath in spite not having a clue on how to crack the back open.....so I did the bath with the back on. I put the phone in rice after the alcohol bath on Wednesday morning and just took it out and tried to turn it on. Blue light comes on and that's it. Doesn't seem to be responsive to being plugged up. The top part of the screen looks moist. I'm so mad. I hate the fact that these phones are being made with non removable batteries now. Are there any good quality phones at least somewhat comparable to Samsung phones that have a removable battery? Apparently I'm now in the market for a new phone and I will never buy a phone that does not have a removable battery again. You'd think 5 days later I wouldn't still be this pissed but I am.tgese phones cost an arm and a leg with zero durability.
    07-29-2016 02:11 AM
    i did all the worst things! what can i do now my phone opens apps i didnt even click on etc...
    01-12-2017 09:50 AM
    I dropped my phone in the toilet everything is working except for my Wifi. Even if I'm 3 feet from the router it has only 1 bar. Every internet connection has a 1 bar on my phone. What do i do?
    01-21-2017 11:57 AM
    Not a phone but a tablet.

Last week, I quickly noticed that the top had gone off my water bottle in my bag.

However, it seemed to already have affected my tablet - it kept turning on and off, never got past the first boot window.

But a couple of hours later I took a look, and it was on. Everything seemed to work - though the battery seemed stuck at 50%.

I didn't think much of it as it worked for 3-4 days.

Then suddenly I woke up to an empty battery (it was plugged in), and the message 'Charging paused, battery temperature too low'

Is it the water damage?Is it dead? It's important, as I was on holiday, and have hundreds of pictures from there, I hope aren't lost!
    05-25-2017 09:36 AM
60 123