The Clipboard on an Android device is an area of storage or memory to which small items can be saved. It is not an app and it cannot therefore be opened or directly accessed. Items saved to it are retrieved by long-pressing a blank area of a text field, say, and tapping Paste. Some phones will save only one item to Clipboard, which is overwritten and lost if a second item is saved. Other phones will save up to ten items, the desired one being selectable from a list before Pasting.

On Samsung devices, Clipboard can be accessed by tapping the Settings icon near the bottom left on the stock keyboard, then tapping the Clipboard icon from the pop-up options. Items recently saved will then be shown.

If you wish to take the functions of Clipboard to another level, enter 'Clipboard' in the Play Store search box and peruse the results.

More important items are best saved to less ephemeral storage than Clipboard.

Posted via the Android Central App
    bwvr57 and Tim1954 like this.
    02-02-2016 05:11 PM
    the clipboard on an android device is an area of storage or memory to which small items can be saved. It is not an app and it cannot therefore be opened or directly accessed. Items saved to it are retrieved by long-pressing a blank area of a text field, say, and tapping paste. Some phones will save only one item to clipboard, which is overwritten and lost if a second item is saved. Other phones will save up to ten items, the desired one being selectable from a list before pasting.

On samsung devices, clipboard can be accessed by tapping the settings icon near the bottom left on the stock keyboard, then tapping the clipboard icon from the pop-up options. Items recently saved will then be shown.

If you wish to take the functions of clipboard to another level, enter 'clipboard' in the play store search box and peruse the results.

More important items are best saved to less ephemeral storage than clipboard.

Posted via the android central app

mine doesn't have it mine just had the emoji thing not the clipboard
    05-22-2016 07:28 PM
    mine doesn't have it mine just had the emoji thing not the clipboard
    Welcome.
    What device?
    05-23-2016 09:29 AM
    On Marshmallow, default Samsung Galaxy S5 keyboard I don't see a clipboard icon. However, following from a closed thread with advice that appears to now be out-of-date, to access the clipboard content try this:
    1. Copy some text into the clipboard (in case it's completely cleared, which would be rare, but some privacy/antivirus apps do this)
    2. Open any app where you enter text (phone text messages, Facebook, whatever), and click into the text entry window
    3. Manually long press that window
    4. You should get a two part pop-up icon with Paste and Clipboard options.
    5. Select Clipboard.
    6. From the resulting window you can select recent clipped/copied content or Delete All clip content

(You may also be able to access the clipboard when selecting text, but the dialog is not consistent between apps and type of text. When in selection of a piece of text, your Cut, Copy, Paste, Share, etc, dialog may have a three vertical dot "more" menu which takes you to the clipboard content.)

Hope this helps someone.
    belodion likes this.
    09-06-2016 11:55 AM
    Welcome.
    What device?
    I have a j7 samsung and it doesnt have a clipboard option in the setting icon in my keybord.
    04-04-2017 07:53 PM
    I have a j7 samsung and it doesnt have a clipboard option in the setting icon in my keybord.
    Welcome.

I'm not familiar with Samsung devices, so I don't know whether that's normal. I'll ask around.
    04-05-2017 07:56 AM
    I have an on5
    04-15-2017 03:45 PM