[GUIDE] Forgot Password? Read Here!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So you have neglected to keep up with your password to your device or your backup password for fingerprint sign in.

Well here is some helpful info to help you out. First start by entering all the possible passwords it might be. After several attempts and none of them worked, you should be prompted to sign in with your Google account info that is associated with the device.

So, you don't remember your Google account credentials to sign in, sigh. Take a moment to visit the Google Account Recovery page to fix that problem. Now, with your Google account info recovered, sign into your device.

Other possible solutions.

If you have "Android Device Manager" enabled on your device you can set a new password from your desktop. You will need your Google account info.

If you have Samsung and have "Find My Mobile" enabled. Visit Find My Mobile page and sign in using your Samsung Account info.

If you have a third-party find my phone app, you should be able to use its service to unlock/change password remotely using the sign in information you created when setting up your account with that app/service.

Take it to your carrier or contact Google.

If the phone does not belong to you, visit here for more help.

Last edited:

AceHandler

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So you have neglected to keep up with your password to your device or your backup password for fingerprint sign in.

Well here is some helpful info to help you out. First start by entering all the possible passwords it might be. After several attempts and none of them worked, you should be prompted to sign in with your Google account info that is associated with the device.

So, you don't remember your Google account credentials to sign in, sigh. Take a moment to visit the Google Account Recovery page to fix that problem. Now, with your Google account info recovered, sign into your device.

Other possible solutions.

If you have "Android Device Manager" enabled on your device you can set a new password from your desktop. You will need your Google account info.

If you have Samsung and have "Find My Mobile" enabled. Visit Find My Mobile page and sign in using your Samsung Account info.

If you have a third-party find my phone app, you should be able to use its service to unlock/change password remotely using the sign in information you created when setting up your account with that app/service.

Take it to your carrier or contact Google.

If the phone does not belong to you, visit here for more help.

Excellent - love that last link! The police have a big book of passwords that they'd love to throw at your freakin' thievin' head!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Excellent - love that last link! The police have a big book of passwords that they'd love to throw at your freakin' thievin' head!!

Let's not always assume it is stolen. I have found phones in the past that were luckily unlocked so I could call someone (like "Hubby" or "Wife") to report it and have them pick it up.

Alex Castillo217

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I just updated the OS of my LG G3 to Android M 6.0, and it asked me to reset my knock code. It seems that I didn't do it correctly, because now I want to open, and theres's no way in the world I can open my phone! Now I need to open it and I don't know how to. Can you please help me?? I'm desperate! :'( The tap or knock code was the only code I set up. I don't have any pin nor password. I will appreciate any prompt response. Thank you in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're making these things so "unstealable" that we can't even steal them from our own pockets. Alex, bring your bill with you, go to your carrier and see if they'll unlock it for you (it can be done - for obvious reasons, we don't post that information).

Hotswopp

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
None of these options work. In fact these are just reposts from all over google search.

Problem, finger print is registered, but device will not recognize it. Attempt to add a new fingerprint results in a prompt for the BACKUP password. this is totally separate from the screen unlock password.

After entering the wrong password multiple times, it never asks for my google account info.

I have my screen lock set to pin currently, but would like to wipe the old fingerprint and start over..

How do I reset the "Change backup password" option, when i know my passwords and it accepts none of them. it also will not prompt for the fingerprint it no longer recognizes.

James

Rradin69

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a alcatel one touch and have a 4digit pin to unlock phobe 2start 2use each time i turn phone on. I 4got pin. Can someone help please

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000