1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Buying new Android Phone.

Hi,
    I've recently come in to Android development. And I currently have a broken down phone. So i decided i'm gonna buy a new Android phone.
    There are thousands of options out there and It would be great if i can get some help from you guys to make a decision.
    There are a few essentials that i have to mention..
    1. gotta have android 2.1 at least. 2.3 preferable.
    2. GSM
    3. below $200
    4. has to have 3.5mm jack.
    5. A good screen. 200ppi at least. But not necessarily. Higher resolution is expensive right?

And What is the situation with buying a unlocked phone or a locked one? One with carriers are less expensive from what i see. I need an unlocked one eventually.

And with black friday coming any leads on how to get a good deal?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaya View Post
    Hi,
    I've recently come in to Android development. And I currently have a broken down phone. So i decided i'm gonna buy a new Android phone.
    There are thousands of options out there and It would be great if i can get some help from you guys to make a decision.
    There are a few essentials that i have to mention..
    1. gotta have android 2.1 at least. 2.3 preferable.
    2. GSM
    3. below $200
    4. has to have 3.5mm jack.
    5. A good screen. 200ppi at least. But not necessarily. Higher resolution is expensive right?

And What is the situation with buying a unlocked phone or a locked one? One with carriers are less expensive from what i see. I need an unlocked one eventually.

And with black friday coming any leads on how to get a good deal?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Buying new Android Phone.

Go on craigslist, is buy an EVO. Great phone. Easily customizable.