Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Blackberry to Android 2.3

I just moved to Android from my Blackberry Torch. This is my first Android phone (ATT Galaxy S II Skyrocket). If anyone can help me figure I few things I would appreciate it:

1. Is there any way to disable the screen that shows when I turn the device on? I just want to turn the phone on and use it, I don't want to have to swipe it to unlock it every time.

2. I can enter new appointments on my PC Outlook and through MS Exchange it sync to my device. But if I enter the appointment on my device it does not sync to my computer. Any ideas? I have the Calendar for my MS Exchange account set to sync.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but that its for now.

Thanks.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Re: Blackberry to Android 2.3

Look for this app in the Market No Lock for Android | AppBrain.com

Which device are your referring to? Are you using the built in mail app? Regardless, I would look for an application called Touchdown in the market. Way better than any stock client.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Thanks, the No Lock seems to work great, just what I wanted.

I figured out the calendar problem. Apparently on Android you have to specify to which calandar you are saving the appointment to. I thought it would just save to my Exchange calendar, but in this case it saved to my Google calendar.

Thats exactly how I felt last week when I got my Skyrocket, coming from a BlackBerry 9900. But I've come to accept the lock screen.