Move apps from Device to SD Card

gvmuthu

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello Friends

I am a newbee with android 2.3 on samsung galaxy y.

I would like to know how to move apps from Device storage to SD Card storage ? Also Why Apps install in Device only and SD Card Move button is disabled in app configuration?

Thanks

redwizard69

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I use apps 2 sd card but you can also got to settings>applications>manage applications and pick the app you want to move. It will come up with a couple choices.

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello Friends

I am a newbee with android 2.3 on samsung galaxy y.

I would like to know how to move apps from Device storage to SD Card storage ? Also Why Apps install in Device only and SD Card Move button is disabled in app configuration?

Thanks
From Android 2.2 you can move some apps to SD card to have more free space into the internal memory..
You have multiple ways to move an app to SD: every choice depends from what you really need.. if you have a lot of free space or you are still not too much experienced you can actually simple open your Applications manager and move an app for time into SD. When you will know more about that you could start considering - if you will still need it - moving apps with particular tools or a real app..

You have to consider that with the standard Android way you cannot move to SD all the apps!! Some of them are required to be into the internal memory and this is the reason why sometimes you see the Move to SD button disabled..
You have also to consider that apps that give you widgets are required to be - them too! - into the internal memory or you will not have their widgets available anymore for your screens..
Last but least, an app starting form an SD will take more time to start - but it's something unnoticeable!!

hope that could help you just a little bit! :D

Khan Gee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
please help me my samsung galaxy y sd card not accepting any dowloading even phone storage full even option appear move application from sd card to phone storage but not show option from phone storage to sd card

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Download SD Move from Play Store. It will analyze your apps and let you know which ones are safe to move and then move them for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888