Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Having problems executing movie from SD card

Hi, I am new to this forum. If I need to post this in another one please tell me. Here is my problem:
    I have a sd card with a list of videos on it. I have a index file shows the videos you can view. When you click on one of the videos to watch it will not execute it from the sd card. It work fine in Android 2.2 and 3 but will not work in 2.3. Can someone help me with this problem or is there no work around for it.
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Default Re: Having problems executing movie from SD card

stock video players usually have problems... try "qq player" from the market, it works quite nicely... also, how long has it been since you rebooted?... that usually helps if its been a while... :-)

i think android 2.3 may not suport your file.

The stock media player would not be able to read the media file. I think you should download another or basically a better media player that can play all form of media on your device.
    Harrison Ford
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Quote Originally Posted by WJHoff View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum. If I need to post this in another one please tell me. Here is my problem:
    I have a sd card with a list of videos on it. I have a index file shows the videos you can view. When you click on one of the videos to watch it will not execute it from the sd card. It work fine in Android 2.2 and 3 but will not work in 2.3. Can someone help me with this problem or is there no work around for it.
    did you try qqplayer?... i run it from my sd and it works flawlessly for me... :-)