Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Hey ya. I want to remove all this extra crap on the phone that I will never use. Or be able to move it to my SD card.
    I seen the commands and such but I #1 am scared cause I dont want to mess this up. Is there a real easy step by step with real basic person talk for me?
    Thank you for any help.

Unhappy Re: Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Hi,

have you looked elsewhere?
    Searching for ZTE here on Androicentral gave no result, but how about these two threads?

[Root Guide] How to root ZTE Merit

http://androidforums.com/avail-all-t...rit-z990g.html

Regards,

Jochen

EDIT: just took a closer look at those two threads - the first one ends with the claim that then Merit can*t (yet?) be rooted, the second one has people saying - at least in the first messages - " I couldn't... could you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

have you looked elsewhere?
    Searching for ZTE here on Androicentral gave no result, but how about these two threads?

[Root Guide] How to root ZTE Merit

http://androidforums.com/avail-all-t...rit-z990g.html

Regards,

Jochen

EDIT: just took a closer look at those two threads - the first one ends with the claim that then Merit can*t (yet?) be rooted, the second one has people saying - at least in the first messages - " I couldn't... could you?"

Nope tried a few others

Default Re: Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Kind of complicated but shouldn't be. I used superoneclick method.. I read andrtgdztemerit.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-noobs-guid-to-rooting-zte-merit.html...I think there is also an unlock Super user pass word that you use from the dialer in the phone.. Pleas let me know if you find that master password. I am rooted but want to see if I can access sub folders and more?

Default Re: Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

http://androidforums.com/introductio...eded-root.html
    this is the best method for zte merit rom cwm and root. period