1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Hey ya. I want to remove all this extra crap on the phone that I will never use. Or be able to move it to my SD card.
    I seen the commands and such but I #1 am scared cause I dont want to mess this up. Is there a real easy step by step with real basic person talk for me?
    Thank you for any help.

Unhappy Re: Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Hi,

have you looked elsewhere?
    Searching for ZTE here on Androicentral gave no result, but how about these two threads?

Regards,

Jochen

EDIT: just took a closer look at those two threads - the first one ends with the claim that then Merit can*t (yet?) be rooted, the second one has people saying - at least in the first messages - " I couldn't... could you?"
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 10-11-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

have you looked elsewhere?
    Searching for ZTE here on Androicentral gave no result, but how about these two threads?

Regards,

Jochen

EDIT: just took a closer look at those two threads - the first one ends with the claim that then Merit can*t (yet?) be rooted, the second one has people saying - at least in the first messages - " I couldn't... could you?"

Nope tried a few others

Default Re: Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Nice one, jenny

Default Re: Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

Kind of complicated but shouldn't be. I used superoneclick method.. I read andrtgdztemerit.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-noobs-guid-to-rooting-zte-merit.html...I think there is also an unlock Super user pass word that you use from the dialer in the phone.. Pleas let me know if you find that master password. I am rooted but want to see if I can access sub folders and more?

this is the best method for zte merit rom cwm and root. period