Please help? Root my ZTE Merit Z990G Straight Talk. for a newbie dummie

WaRocker

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey ya. I want to remove all this extra crap on the phone that I will never use. Or be able to move it to my SD card.
I seen the commands and such but I #1 am scared cause I dont want to mess this up. Is there a real easy step by step with real basic person talk for me?
Thank you for any help.:confused:

Jochen K.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

jenny000

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

have you looked elsewhere?
Searching for ZTE here on Androicentral gave no result, but how about these two threads?

[Root Guide] How to root ZTE Merit

http://androidforums.com/avail-all-things-root/554428-help-rooting-zte-merit-z990g.html

Regards,

Jochen

EDIT: just took a closer look at those two threads - the first one ends with the claim that then Merit can*t (yet?) be rooted, the second one has people saying - at least in the first messages - " I couldn't... could you?" :'(

dozzga

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Kind of complicated but shouldn't be. I used superoneclick method.. I read andrtgdztemerit.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-noobs-guid-to-rooting-zte-merit.html...I think there is also an unlock Super user pass word that you use from the dialer in the phone.. Pleas let me know if you find that master password. I am rooted but want to see if I can access sub folders and more?