Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downloaded Apps Think I'm in a Different Country

Hello everyone,

I have tried to search for an answer to this all over the Internet to no avail and I am hoping someone here can help.

Basically, when I download certain apps from Google Play, they will be customized for a user in the UK (I am in the US). For example, the Trip Advisor app will show prices in Pounds and a Google search widget will search google.co.uk. Kayak, however, shows dollars.

The market itself displays prices in dollars and seems to be the US market. The built in Google search in the browser will search google.com.

If I go into dev tools (*#*#4636#*#*) and then phone info, it says google.co.uk next to ping host name. I recently did a restore to factory and it said google.com before the restore.

There seems to be some snippet of data or preference somewhere that the downloaded apps will rederence but I have no idea where it is.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus One using Android Central Forums