Facebook Build 140579 stuck in notification bar

Blindsushi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Posted this in a different phone forum, anyone?

Same problem here, Samsung Fascinate 2.3.4 firmware, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Facebook but that only creates an additional buggy download, I have 5 queued up now.
I don't have the Downloads app, and I don't have anything under Internet > Menu > Downloads. I also tried downloading 2 different download managers but the Build 140579 doesn't show up in them.

Please help ; ;

Kat Mc

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks hon, its was chewing my battery. so simple i didnt think of it <3

thanks hon, its was chewing my battery. so simple i didnt think of it <3

McConnellPDX

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Where do I find my Download Manager? I have an app called Downloads, but there is no Facebook in there.
I have a Samsung Note, having the same problem.

Karen Kocik

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Where do I find my Download Manager? I have an app called Downloads, but there is no Facebook in there.
I have a Samsung Note, having the same problem.

Try this: go to settings>applications>manage applications. then switch to the "all" tab. find download manager and force stop it. You might have to restart phone.

Courtney Moore

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC inspire 4g, doing the same thing. I've tried uninstalling updaates, restarting, even reseting my phone. One facebook for HTC app is permanently installed so I can't delete it. I'm tired of this notification being stuck in my window and draining my battery! Someone please help!!!!!;????

Jeremy Coleman

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Easiest way to resolve this:

Go to System Settings > Application Manager > Swipe right to left twice to the ALL header > Scroll down to Downloads (Android system downloads not the browser downloads) > Tap Downloads then Clear Data

This should resolve it, the process may be a bit different other phones (mine is a galaxy s3)

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I just went to my browser then it's downloads are that click and delete.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums