Getting error: Install/Upgrade/Enable GooglePlayServices Requested by com.google.android.apps.plus

WeeRedBird

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC Desire Z running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1

In the last 24 hours I have started getting a message popping up on my notification bar.
The icon is an exclamation mark in a triangle.
The title in bold is "Install/Upgrade/Enable GooglePlayServices"
and the line below reads "Requested by com.google.android.apps.plus"

Tapping the notification causes it to vanish without any program popping up.

It then reappears a few hours later. Does mater if my Wifi connection is on or off, it still pops up.
Not installed anything new but have updated a few apps on my system. All genuine, well known apps from the store (DropBox, Twitter, Acrobat for example).
Hard to tell if its one of these updates causing this, and if so, which one.

Have hunted around online to see if anyone else has this problem, but not found any results yet.

WeeRedBird

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The text "Play Services error" flashing up on my notification bar as it creates the error icon. Hard to catch as you must be using the phone at the time it generates this error.

devlab

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi.I had the same problem. As a fix I have uninstalled Google+ application. That also fixed another problem that I could not fix for last 2 months: slow navigation to home screen.

WeeRedBird

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Noticed last night that if I triggered the account sync on my Google account, I could generate the error on demand.

Just had a poke at the phone and if I run Google+ it has a pop up message that Google Play services are missing and the app wants to 'get' them. I'm at work, so no WiFi, but will let it do its installing later.

WeeRedBird

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have cleared the error message.

Google+'s download button didn't do anything. I also tried manually searching for "Google Play Services" in the Market (the old name for the Play store) but it was not listed.
I had to go to the Google Play Store via a web browser, log on via the account I use for my phone, search for 'Google Play Service' and selected download on the screen. If you have more than one device, make sure you select downloading to the correct one. That triggers a remote download to your phone.

I did consider just removing Google+, however I hear that other apps are starting to use this service (eg YouTube, and probably some non-google apps as some point) and thought it best to update.

patrick garcia2

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC Desire Z running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1

In the last 24 hours I have started getting a message popping up on my notification bar.
The icon is an exclamation mark in a triangle.
The title in bold is "Install/Upgrade/Enable GooglePlayServices"
and the line below reads "Requested by com.google.android.apps.plus"

Tapping the notification causes it to vanish without any program popping up.

It then reappears a few hours later. Does mater if my Wifi connection is on or off, it still pops up.
Not installed anything new but have updated a few apps on my system. All genuine, well known apps from the store (DropBox, Twitter, Acrobat for example).
Hard to tell if its one of these updates causing this, and if so, which one.

Have hunted around online to see if anyone else has this problem, but not found any results yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez