Huawei Fusion U8652 Persistent Wifi error, common fixes/dialer codes not working.

thetripscaptain

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix an old Huawei U8652 (this is the 'AT&T Fusion', evidently AT&T added a 2 to the model number of the U8650). Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is the OS. I'm having this persistent Wifi error where I can't turn the Wifi on at all, the only message I get is 'Error' in the Wifi settings menu.

Evidently this is a fairly common error which is apparently solved by the use of dialer code *#*#526#*#* which is supposed to reinstall a necessary driver and show a pass or fail type message to the user. Unfortunately this code produces no response whatsoever, nor do the other codes I have found related to Wifi.[SUP]1.[/SUP] I tried a number of the other codes as well that were related to information and testing and found that most of them also didn't work.

The phone did respond to *#*#4636#*#* which brought up a Testing menu. I went to Wi-Fi information >> Wi-Fi API >> enableNetwork, entered the name of the network and when I hit OK, Settings (process com.android.settings) crashed. On Wi-Fi Status I was able to run a ping test, the results of which were:

Ping IpAddr: Fail: IP addr not reachable
Ping hostname(www.google.com): Pass
HTTP Client test: Pass

I'm not sure how to interpret this or if it's even relevant, please bear with me I am somewhat new at Android but I learn quick.

The phone was having this issue when I got it, unrooted on the stock AT&T rom, I tried all the dialer codes mentioned above and they didn't work except 4636 so I just went ahead and rooted the phone and then I wiped and flashed about 4 different roms to see if Wifi worked on any of them, which it did not, so I just kept the one I liked the most which was Cyanogen 7. Without all that AT&T bloatware the phone actually runs really well but I've still got the Wifi issue.

Actually, the Bluetooth is doing essentially the same thing but I haven't even attempted to fix it yet.

Oh, I also read one thread on another forum which said the problem could be caused by low memory. This was a problem before I wiped the phone but now that I'm on a clean Cyanogen install, this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer. :)

- trips

[SUP]1.[/SUP] Free Your Android - Android Secret Dial Codes

Last edited:

perishedpear

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
i am having the exact same problem, with the same phone- i would really like to hear if anyone has any information on this topic to help out as well :-X

Khunt02

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Same here,everything else works fine

I'm trying to fix an old Huawei U8652 ATT, Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread is the OS. I'm having this persistent Wifi error where I can't turn the Wifi on at all, the only message I get is 'Error' in the Wifi settings menu.

Lubwama Patrick

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Huawei mytouch 4G t-mobile Persistent Wifi error, common fixes/dialer codes not working.

please guys help me this out am having huawei mytouch Android 4G t-mobile but few weeks ago it stopped accessing wifi and whenever itry to connect to the surrounding wifi keeps on showing me error but please help me because am really stranded, ihave tried those codes of 526 and 4636 but they have all failed. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs