Part of screen not responding, hence need to tweak screen resolution --- PLEASE HELP!!!

Sachin Varma

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have got a HTC Desire S with Android Version 2.3.5

Recently i found that left side if my screen is not responding to touch, it's about 0.5cm or 5 mm which covers the whole (top till bottom) left part of my screen i.e. including my Home button. I checked on the internet and found recommendation to replace the digitizer, since i am not good at electricals, didn't dare to try it so far :)

What i need is either to change the resolution of my android phone by which there will be a black border on both side of the screen or have a notification bar kind of software (which runs over and above of all apps and forces other applications to re-size because of it's presence)

I searched on Google and found users changing resolution by changing density, but this will not help in my case as a part of my screen is spoiled.

Thanks in advance and any kind of suggestion is always welcomed :D

Regards,
Sach

Sachin Varma

May 13, 2013
Visit site
On recomendation from a friend i have reduced the density of my screen and now all icons are very big, but i can use all of them. Still the left part of the screen is not responding but the icons are so big that they are partially available in the active screen part also.

The default density of the screen was 240 and i have made it 300. The issue has been resolved for the time being but still its a pain to type on the keyboard as the charecters q, capslock etc are not reachable as the size of the keyboard has not increased :)

Cheers!!
Sach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol