Tablet w/Android 2.3 softkeyboard issue..

lvdave

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted tablet with Android 2.3 on it, and it seems to have become stuck on a "Japanese IME" keyboard. The only keyboard that comes up is one where there are 5 letters and 1 number on each key. It makes for close to impossible to actually *type* anything. I suspect its the "Japan IME" keyboard as there are oriental characters on some of the side keys. There is also an entry in the "keyboard/language" settings that looks like chinese. I've tried to set the tablet to the standard "Android Keyboard" and I continue to get the unusable "keyboard" whenever a keyboard is called for. I've downloaded the free "SuperKeyboard" and installed it. The configuration of it works fine, the "language/keyboard" settings show a checkmark next to "SuperKeyboard", when you go to the SuperKey settings and open the "Select Input Method", the "Japanese IME" is selected.. If you then change the "Select Input Method" to SuperKeyboard, then close that dialog, and go to the "Test" dialog in SuperKeyboard settings, you get the SuperKeyboard.. Now open a program that uses a keyboard, and voila!! you get the Japanese IME keyboard... its driving me batty... Any ideas???

Thanks
Dave

NEVER MIND: Found the problem.... Gotta quit posting on forums too early in a problem.....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800