Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Notification tone on app download

Hello AC Community,

I bought an unlocked Motorola Pro+ (MB632) running Gingerbreak and I'm loving it on AT&T. There's only one minor thing that's bothering me. Every time I download an app from the Play Store, it plays the notification tone. This is totally unnecessary and I'd like to turn off the sound. I've dug everywhere around the Android Settings app and also in the Play Store settings and can't seem to find any way to turn it off. I've unchecked the Notifications box in the Play Store settings. Every time I download an app, I get two notifications: the normal successfully installed message and a second that says Set display mode for appname. Tapping the latter notification takes me to the stock settings screen where you'd normally uninstall the app. There's a setting down the page to toggle the Display Settings from Full Screen to Zoom to fill screen on a per-app basis. I've never used it and I'm not sure what it does nor why I'd need to change it. I'm sure this is the notification generating the tone I'd like to stop.

Is there some way to turn off this one notification or tone or is this part of the curse of Motoblur?