1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Exclamation how to increase Internal storage ?

when i install apps from play store , most up app directly install in phone memory (internal storage) not on memory card , already i set preferred install location in SD card its not working ,
    so how can i increase my internal storage , or link my external storage to phone memory any tricks for it ??
    Thanks Everybody

Ashish n. d.

Default Re: how to increase Internal storage ?

I'm not sure but I think Gingerbread was the one that 'started' the whole 'No SD Card' thing in Android or said differently, support to move apps to SD was removed.

There are hacks to 'link' your SD card to your internal memory and trick the phone into thinking it's a single block, but you'd need to be rooted for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I'm not sure but I think Gingerbread was the one that 'started' the whole 'No SD Card' thing in Android or said differently, support to move apps to SD was removed.

There are hacks to 'link' your SD card to your internal memory and trick the phone into thinking it's a single block, but you'd need to be rooted for that.

how can i root in karbonn a1+?

I've tried using link2sd on my kyocera milano and it has helped me transfer apps to my sd. But when I try to add more apps, some of that memory is added to the internal storage and then the rest goes to my memory card. So, as I add more apps, my internal storage is getting filled up. Plus, I'm also getting that "low storage" notification. FYI: my phone is rooted and I have an 8gb memory card with 3 gb remaining. Please help me, thanks!