| || |
Notification ringtones do not work. (YES, I've tried most things!)
I'm having an issue with my Samsung Galaxy Y where my phone ringtone is working but my notification (messaging) ringtone is not working.
1. I think this started happening after I swapped SD cards. Swapping it back does not fix it.
2. I've tried all of the notification settings alterations. I can assure you that they are all fine.
3. When you are selecting a ringtone in the notificatoin -> phone ringtone menu, if I tap on one of the default notification ringtones no sound is played.
However, if I click on a custom ringtone then I hear a sound. But when I receive a text, it only vibrates.
4. I have not tried a factory reset and would rather avoid it.
5. Ringtone apps do not fix it.
I am by no means an amateur user so I would appreciate it if some constructive feedback could be offered!
If anyone has had similar issues / know the solution please enlighten me!