All possible apps moved to SD card, still low storage

Southern Digital

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I use a Ruggear RG210 Swift 2 device (It's a rugged phone, not a very well known brand). It runs 2.3.5. I have a 32gb SD card installed and I have moved all possible apps to the sd card, but there is only 256mb of internal memory. It often uses all this and the phone locks up as there is no more storage.

How the hell can I solve this? Core apps like mail can't be moved... Hangouts uses 22mb, dropbox 18.75, maps 12.2-, Google Play store 10.27, Twitter 7... Then a load of apps around the 4-5mb range. None of these can be moved to the SD card.

Is there a way round this problem? It's super frustrating!

Many thanks all!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you're stuck with that limitation, and it gets worse as apps get updated to higher versions that are likely larger in size due to improvements and added features. You could consider uninstalling updates to a lot of your preinstalled apps (like most of the Google apps)--this will revert them back to the original factory version, which will likely be smaller in size than the current version. However, you might have some problems with compatibility, since you'll be using very out-of-date versions of the apps. And you'll also be prompted constantly to update those apps. For more info and tips on low memory, see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I use a Ruggear RG210 Swift 2 device (It's a rugged phone, not a very well known brand). It runs 2.3.5. I have a 32gb SD card installed and I have moved all possible apps to the sd card, but there is only 256mb of internal memory. It often uses all this and the phone locks up as there is no more storage.

How the hell can I solve this? Core apps like mail can't be moved... Hangouts uses 22mb, dropbox 18.75, maps 12.2-, Google Play store 10.27, Twitter 7... Then a load of apps around the 4-5mb range. None of these can be moved to the SD card.

Is there a way round this problem? It's super frustrating!

Many thanks all!

You may also want to consider disabling the bloatware you don't use: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/325138-guide-how-disable-apps.html