Can't move apps to SD card

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Some reason I cant move apps the SD card, ive checked and theres more than room on the card ( a 32GB card with about 6 GB in use ), when I try to move an app it says " Failed to move application:Not enough memory ". Its only started since yesterday so not sure if its linked but I left the sd card in the phone whilst I factory reset the phone.

Anything I can do ?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You might have to back up the data on the card and then reformat the card, but I'm not sure.

Not all apps can be moved to the card. The Dev has to write them that way and most don't since it's not supported in later Android versions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You might have to back up the data on the card and then reformat the card, but I'm not sure.

Not all apps can be moved to the card. The Dev has to write them that way and most don't since it's not supported in later Android versions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I tried reformating the card and still nothing, ive moved co pilot to the card before so it can be done for co pilot, its not just 1 app though its any app that says "move to sd card" when i go to manage applications.

Never had the problem before.

Last edited:

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just thought I would update the thread, Id deleted some apps that were on the USB Storage, downloaded apps2sd which told me which apps (co pilot was 1) could be moved to the sd card (Id bought a new sd card just in case). Im considering replacing the phone and selling the SGS2.

Flattopmike

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I think its ridiculous that we cant move apps to sd..If they thought it through before screwing everyone they should have given more internal memory to accommodate all the apps. I mean its ridiculous we get a few gigs of internal and a **** load for sd that cant be used now..They got it all @ssbackwards. Sorry but this is very stupid and annoying and i guess im just venting. But come on The word that comes to mind is COMMON SENSE Cell phone techs.