- 2 Posts
Disable Gmail app?
I'm new to Android and using the low-end T-Mobile Concord with Gingerbread 2.3
The Email app freezes up, so I'm ignoring that.
The Gmail app is fine, but I have several non-gmail accounts, and I'd like to have all my email in one client. So I downloaded Aquamail and it works fine.
I disabled notifications on the Gmail app, but it keeps downloading updates of itself and resetting. It also has a duplicate set of my mail, taking up storage space, but if I delete data, etc., it starts downloading again.
Is there anyway to delete or disable it and to keep it from wasting storage space?
- 01-14-2014, 01:05 AM #2
Re: Disable Gmail app?
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, the Disable feature was introduced starting with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I don't think there's any way to disable system apps with Gingerbread. If you're interested in learning how to deal with low memory/low storage, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
- By LunatiqueRob in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 9Last Post: 01-17-2014, 05:01 PM
- By LunatiqueRob in forum General Photography LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:15 PM
- By LunatiqueRob in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:14 PM
- By Chinodon in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-14-2014, 12:07 AM
- By v_enus in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2014, 11:42 PM