Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable Gmail app?

I'm new to Android and using the low-end T-Mobile Concord with Gingerbread 2.3

The Email app freezes up, so I'm ignoring that.

The Gmail app is fine, but I have several non-gmail accounts, and I'd like to have all my email in one client. So I downloaded Aquamail and it works fine.

I disabled notifications on the Gmail app, but it keeps downloading updates of itself and resetting. It also has a duplicate set of my mail, taking up storage space, but if I delete data, etc., it starts downloading again.

Is there anyway to delete or disable it and to keep it from wasting storage space?

Thanks.

Default Re: Disable Gmail app?

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, the Disable feature was introduced starting with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I don't think there's any way to disable system apps with Gingerbread. If you're interested in learning how to deal with low memory/low storage, review this guide: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Disable Gmail app?

Thanks. I'll read that...