Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Will hard resetting my phone Solve my Problem?

Hi, I just joined the Forum, I am having a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos running Android Gingerbread, I have a problem actually, When I reset my phone to factory setting after a day or two it again becomes too heavy and slow(Even If am not running any kind of app). I just use few apps like gmail, Whatsapp,wechat and twitter. I used to use more apps but from few weeks its making problem, The thing I wanna ask is will this Problem solved if I Hard Reset my Phone using Physical Button Combination?
    Actually I tried by Setting's Privacy Menu 3-4 times but no effect(Instead I have to Spend time to install apps and login with my accounts, etc).
    I actually read Few threads but I am unable to understand, Any kind of Help would be Appreciated.

Default Re: Will hard resetting my phone Solve my Problem?

You could try doing a factory reset found in your Settings. This will however wipe (erase) all your data/settings/apps on the device. Your internal storage/sdcard (if applicable) should not be touched.
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I already tried factory reset many times but same result(As I mentioned above)

The only other option you would have is to obtain the factory images (tar file) and use Odin w/computer to flash the device to full stock again as it appeared brand new. Otherwise given the small amount of apps you claim to be using I can't really see any problem.

Do the hard reset as you called it via button combination or using the stock recovery is basically the same as the factory reset in Settings. It just wipes the data and cache portions of the device but doesn't actually re write any software.
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    hroshaan likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

is there any kind of tutorial for the method you are saying I should try?

Global Posts
    10,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by hroshaan View Post
    is there any kind of tutorial for the method you are saying I should try?
    Flashing with Odin is easy.
    1) Download Odin (I use v1.85) on your PC
    2) Unzip the file for Odin
    3) Download the stock firmware for your phone. You can find these on sammobile or samsung-updates.com
    4) Open Odin, hit PDA and find the file you downloaded.
    5) Hit start

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by:
    hroshaan likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Flashing with Odin is easy.
    1) Download Odin (I use v1.85) on your PC
    2) Unzip the file for Odin
    3) Download the stock firmware for your phone. You can find these on sammobile or samsung-updates.com
    4) Open Odin, hit PDA and find the file you downloaded.
    5) Hit start

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    Ok, ummmm, Let me give it a try.

I have a LG optimous 2x p999 and its all dark brown. I have had it since march 2013 and ever since I got its been acting up and its gradually gotten worse over time.Some of my apps were force closing than it started locking up and freezing more and more. I have taken the battery out every time and it helped a bit but now I cant even use my apps any more because whenever I do it shuts down on me. How do I fix this so I can use it again?