- 133 Posts
How do I create input? Please help me regain control!
I have a LG LGL45C and the touchscreen seems to be broken. I can see the screen so the lcd is fine. Before I can turn it into an awesome security camera, or wifi amplifier, or whatever, I need to be able to communicate with the phone. USB debugging is off and without the touchscreen I can't turn it on. Is there any way I can...
Flash Android 4.0 onto it and use USB OTG to plug in a mouse and control it that way (assuming there is a way to flash 4.0 without USB debugging, maybe by putting files on a SD card and using that boot screen to update from SD) (Also assuming 4.0 enables USB OTG on any 2.3 device, which it may not)
Plug the phone into a computer and use some program to control the phone (Without USB debugging)
Somehow pair a Bluetooth mouse to the phone (if 2.3 supports bluetooth mice and it could be paired manually somehow without touch screen control)
Enable some obscure accessibility option that allows you to navigate the screen using the existing hardware buttons.
Or maybe something else entirely? Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!!
- 02-12-2014, 10:57 AM #2
- 131 Posts
Re: How do I create input? Please help me regain control!
Very unfortunate to hear that your touchscreen is not working. Unfortunately, there would not be a software feature available on your phone where you can operate the phone via an external device. Your microSD capability is limited as well to simple transfer-ability of contents.
Very sorry we could not assist further. If you would like us to create a RA for you to send it in, feel free to reach us at 1-800-793-8896. ^CL
- By Billie Valdez in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 04-24-2014, 09:48 PM
- By Synycalwon in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 30Last Post: 03-22-2014, 02:46 PM
- By Julian Uribe in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 27Last Post: 02-14-2014, 11:30 PM
- By biroshima in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:43 AM
- By roadrunner914 in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-03-2014, 10:58 PM