1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two notification options.

Hello, i wanted to ask whats the difference between two notification options:
    1. First one is, when you go to messages > settings/preferences > scroll down, and there is an option to turn on/off notifications and pick a sound for it
    2. Second one is when you go to phone preferences > sounds > notifications sound

When i changed the sound for text messages, it is the only sound its playing actually. So whats the other one used for?

Also, got additional question, if i turn off notifications from "status bar" in messages options, will it still play the sound from sound options when i receive sms?

Global Posts
    13,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Two notification options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedor View Post
    Hello, i wanted to ask whats the difference between two notification options:
    1. First one is, when you go to messages > settings/preferences > scroll down, and there is an option to turn on/off notifications and pick a sound for it
    2. Second one is when you go to phone preferences > sounds > notifications sound

When i changed the sound for text messages, it is the only sound its playing actually. So whats the other one used for?

Also, got additional question, if i turn off notifications from "status bar" in messages options, will it still play the sound from sound options when i receive sms?
    Welcome to the forums.
    #1 will affect only Text messages.
    #2 will affect general notifications. Text messages would be included if you had no other sound for them.

#3, I am not sure. I would guess no.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, you answered my first 2 questions, and i managed to veirfy additional one with a friend. No notifications nor sound when i turn that off.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    13,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Kedor View Post
    Thanks, you answered my first 2 questions, and i managed to veirfy additional one with a friend. No notifications nor sound when i turn that off.

Thanks!
    Glad that was able to help. See you around the forums!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here