How to manually upgrade?

Wallsch

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a android on operating system 2.3.6. It is AT&T however I had it unlocked for another provider so the auto updater doesn't work as I'm not using them as a provider. So I want to know how to manually update a phone and also how to tell what the max update your phone is compatible with is. Also risks involved. Thank you.

Model: Huawei-U8665
(If that helps)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a android on operating system 2.3.6. It is AT&T however I had it unlocked for another provider so the auto updater doesn't work as I'm not using them as a provider. So I want to know how to manually update a phone and also how to tell what the max update your phone is compatible with is. Also risks involved. Thank you.

Model: Huawei-U8665
(If that helps)

Welcome to the forums.
Do you mean update your version of Android?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.

Well yes upgrade version. Or if compatible to the latest android OS possible.

My guess would be no. You can try to look for your model of phone on say Cyanogen Mods website to see if they support it for a custom ROM, but I wouldn't get any hopes up.

Wallsch

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My guess would be no. You can try to look for your model of phone on say Cyanogen Mods website to see if they support it for a custom ROM, but I wouldn't get any hopes up.
Thank you very much. They have done it for similar phones and there is a decent amount of requests. Who knows maybe sometime soon they will come out with one.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much. They have done it for similar phones and there is a decent amount of requests. Who knows maybe sometime soon they will come out with one.

Maybe. They only way they will think about developing for it is if people tell them to. Have you emailed them?

Wallsch

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe. They only way they will think about developing for it is if people tell them to. Have you emailed them?
I have not. However doing some further looking on their forums they may have already done so. They have one for a Huawei U8665 Fusion 2. Not sure if the one I have is the fusion 2 as it states nowhere on it that it is but same exact model number otherwise so I'm thinking it is. Maybe you can shed some light on that?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have not. However doing some further looking on their forums they may have already done so. They have one for a Huawei U8665 Fusion 2. Not sure if the one I have is the fusion 2 as it states nowhere on it that it is but same exact model number otherwise so I'm thinking it is. Maybe you can shed some light on that?

If it is the same model number it should be OK. I would look at learning to root and flash a custom recovery, so you can make a Nandroid (system copy) in case something goes wrong.
Best place to start looking would be YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Wallsch

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If it is the same model number it should be OK. I would look at learning to root and flash a custom recovery, so you can make a Nandroid (system copy) in case something goes wrong.
Best place to start looking would be YouTube.

I've already rooted it. Will start looking into the rest tomorrow as it's midnight here and I need to get some sleep. Thanks for all your help. Have a good night.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've already rooted it. Will start looking into the rest tomorrow as it's midnight here and I need to get some sleep. Thanks for all your help. Have a good night.

Do you have a custom recovery installed already?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Wallsch

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
OK. I would check out YouTube videos for installing a custom recovery. CWM and TWRP are the two best ones.

Well I failed as soon as I started to try as it requires you to go into fastboot mode and when I do it freezes at the AT&T logo. I left it there for a hour and a half and nothing. any recommendations?

Chi Fabrice

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello i have a very serious situation here with my Huawei U8665. I bought it when it was already unlocked and then we had just 2g network in our country. since 3g network was introduced, the phone started having network problems. it will constantly show emergency calls etc. but if i go to an area where the anthena has not been updated that has only 2g network, i will have a cell service. i want to know if it is possible to change the firmware or operating system or some hardware stuff that can make the phone work again? can anyone help me on how i can take care of this? i am leaving my whatsapp number for someone that can help please [number redacted by Mod]. i am called fabs from cameroon, central africa

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy